74. Intertwined Bonds

"So you're the Lucas guy who healed my Athy? You...You are kidding me, right?"

It felt like a huge boulder was dropped on your head as you gaped at the ten year old boy in absolute shock and bafflement.

"Yes milady, I'm Lucas. But I'm afraid I'm not worth of any praise." Lucas politely bowed his head. Athy scoffed under her breath.

Hearing his humble words, your shoulders hunched over and your eyes stared blankly at Lucas. You a grown ass woman with years of experience in healing under your belt got whipped by a kid who hadn't even hit poverty?!

What's with this world and it's prodigies?! It's not fair!

To think that you almost died saving Athy while this kid just waltz in and cured Athy with snap of fingers made everything so much worse.

Though he did say he couldn't heal Athy completely and what happened might occur in the future, he did assure he could handle it and would eventually stabilize Athy's mana. It was a huge shock to find Raven was the the cause of Athy's condition. Still it was huge accomplishment compared to your borderline suicidal solution.

You questioned the fairness of the world as you sulked like a toddler, pushing your forehead against Claude's forearm while grumbling.

A flicker of amused glint crossed over Claude's stoic face. It didn't go unnoticed by you. You merely huffed.

Felix cleared his throat and smiled down at Lucas. "We are grateful for your hardwork. Though you might be still a kid, your skills far surpasses the official Healers and magicians."

"Felix is right."

Extinguishing the twinge in your gut, you crouched to Lucas level and patted his head as you smiled gratefully, "Thanks kiddo! You might be a child, adorable at that but the feat you accomplished is no joke!"

In Claude's arms, Athy grew agitated. She threw dirty looks at Lucas who was basking smugly in the praises. She shouted while pointing a accusing finger to him, "But (Y/n), this guy--"

"Easy there!" Your attention diverted from Athy's when you caught Lucas as he suddenly keel over coughing violently. You patted his back, growing concerned.

"I apologise. I might have use all my mana on healing Princess." Lucas said inbetween coughing fits. Feeling responsible and bad for him, you used your magic to ease his coughing.

A low growl rumbled in Ether's throat as he circled around Lucas and whipped his twin tails in the air threateningly. There was a dangerous glint in his heterochromic eyes like he was ready to pounce and rip off Lucas face at any moment.

"Shush, Ether." You scolded. When he growled and hissed again, specifically at Lucas, you sighed. Ether didn't like people but there were some exceptions where he downright hated them. Seems like Lucas fall in second category. "Stop scaring him, Ether."

"He hates me." Lucas sadly sniffed. Scowling, you picked up Ether and placed him on the bed where Raven was cowering. Probably still terrified of Claude. Couldn't blame the little guy since he first hand witnessed Claude's wrath.

"Stay here!" You ordered.

While you were busy pacifying Ether, Athy incredulously glared at Lucas. Claude spared her a suspicious glance and silently watched as you helped Lucas up with a apologetic smile.

"You can rest for now. Your hardwork will be rewarded once I confirm Athanasia's health. And if you failed, you die." Claude said bluntly, blue eyes coldly regarding him. You facepalmed at his not so subtle threat and elbowed him. Ignoring your jab like it was nothing, he ordered. "Felix, escort him out."