31. Trouble in paradise

Ah, such a bright beautiful morning....

Not!

Who the hell wants to get up early in the morning?!

You rolled to your side pulling the blanket over your head. Melting into the warm cocoon once again. Ah, sweet bed. My eternal love.

"Please Miss, wake up. The person is here to take you for you class." Marie pleaded.

No! He can come later. My sleep is more important.

But Marie ripped you out of that beautiful dream.

Wah...! My beautifully warm bed I will miss you!

Now you stood sleepily in uniform -- white shirt with navy blue dress which reached above your knees and had a slit in middle for easier waking purpose and white pants and navy blue boots to go along with it.

You had to practically kick Marie out when she tried to undress you.

Modesty was a thing for you. And you got two perfectly healthy useful hands, why not use it.

The thought of someone invading your privacy sent shivers down your introvert self.

"So shall we begin." A middle aged bespectacled man stood across you. Gray hair tied in high pony with sharp black eyes as they peered over you in calculating move. Uniform similar to yours only for male gender adorned on his body. He was your tutor for the course of herbs ; Roman.

Currently you were in a laboratory where experiments with plants are conducted. Many rare preserve plants lined up the shelves attached to the wall.

Roman the highest ranking Healer started educating you on different plants and it's implications.

"This is Regulis. A rare plant which has poisonous fragrance. Only one sniff of it and that'd be enough to paralyse your entire being for as long as you live if immediate measure isn't taken." He picked up a flower with lilac petals which had faint blue glow in it. He made sure to use gloves and have mask as he explained it's purpose and advantages.

You had a mask too. Thank god, it hid your grimace well.

You were awe at the man's -- Roman's knowledge. He explained things to you efficiently and precisely. It was easy for you to memories it.

But one detail sent chills down your spine.

Why is it all pertaining to poisonous plants...?

Whatever plant he explained it all ended with harmful and hazardous effect it has on a person.

You throat went dry. A cold feeling settled in your stomach.

Your situation was much more dire than you imagined.

Instead of teaching healing herbs and methods pertinent to healers, they're teaching you poisoning method and easy ways to eliminate your enemies.

Did they really think you wouldn't notice? The obvious difference in what you were promised and what was served..?

"Let's see how much of a prodigy you are." Roman looked at you adjusting his glasses. "A village bumpkin who has knowledge enough to rival those of professionals. I'd very much like to see that."

Great this man hated you right off the bat. Prejudice against you for being a village girl was really starting to wear down. It was getting old to be the sole reason for the hate to your existence.

But you needed to put your feelings aside and play your cards right.

You have to show them that you were really a naive girl who had knowledge but not enough to turn into a weapon.