82. Lies and Truths

You drew a faint breath, mind churning up with countless thoughts.

Today was special day for Athy. That wasn't all. You frowned. That snake bastard would be there too just like last time to ruin the day and Jennette...

You winced, guilt and sadness twisted your gut. I need to apologise to her.

Dazzling golden lights drew closer, and you picked up your pace, disregarding the painful thoughts. The familiar sight of three silhouette brought a small smile on your face, heart warming up instantly replacing the beginning of cold. They hadn't notice you, too busy in their conversation. You smiled mischievously. How could you let the chance slip and not scare them?

"You finally showed up."

You yelped when Claude turned around abruptly. At his calm gaze you pouted, "You always foul my fun. Do you have eyes on back of your head?"

"Give up trying to startle me. No matter how far you are, I'll always notice you."

"Why does it sound like a threat..?" You huffed and turned your head away, sulking. "Whatever."

"Mom?"

Athy's curious eyes darted off to Claude before settling on you. You softened.

"You look breathtaking, Athy." You took her hands in yours and beamed at her. The white dress wrapped around her like the shimmering wings of fairy fluttered in the wind. She looked beyond breathtakingly beautiful and something otherworldly.

Athy giggled, her rosy cheeks turning a deeper red, "You look beautiful too, Mom. Super pretty. Right, Dad?"

Cocking his head to side Claude raised a eyebrow, "Doesn't she always."

Your lips pulled up into a small smile against your will.

Claude took your hand and brought it to his lips, his blue eyes locking with yours, melting away the world for the briefest moment. "Today it's just more apparent."

You melted, eyes softening as you gazed at him. The image of you reflected in his eyes focused soley on you was indeed beautiful and enchanting. That's how he saw you, that's how you always looked in his eyes. Maybe in your eyes he could see his reflection too, the way you saw him shinning brightly like the brightest star; breathtakingly beautiful.

Only when Athy cleared her throat loudly that you both snapped out of your little world.

"Look at you, aren't you quite the smooth talker. You look dashing yourself" You smirked with a tinge of bashfulness, pulling away your hand in slight embarassment. At least tried to. Claude kept a firm hold, his lips lingering on the soft skin of your knuckles much to your poor racing heart. You jumped when his teeth sank in and bit softly. "Claude!"

With a smirk, he tilted his head innocently as he let go of your hand while Athy watched exasperated, "Daddy's shameless."

You immediately smacked his arm when he let out a nonchalant hum neither agreeing nor refuting the claim. "Sheesh."

"Is it wrong to compliment--"

Athy quickly stuffed herself between you two, shielding you from sight and glared at Claude, "No more teasing Mom."

A brief silence as Claude stared at Athy clinging to you and your smug smiling face as mouthed, 'she loves me more'. A dry chuckle left Claude as his large hand came down on Athys' head making her freeze in shock.

"Don't mess up her hair! It took awful lot of time." You chimed in. As much as you loved their adorable interaction, you didn't want Athy to attend her debutante with a bird's nest.