36. Comfort In Your Touch

You woke up, feeling sluggish and sleepy. Sunlight pierced through the open window.

Yesterday's event rushed over and you groaned, feeling embarrassed.

Claude had walked you to your room. The walk was silent and awkward on your part because, despite your attempts to get him to talk, he remained mute, lost in his thoughts.

With a flick of your forehead, he was gone.

You reached out and caressed your forehead, the same spot Claude had touched. Even though he did it with a cold indifferent face, something about the gesture felt soft. Gentle. Intimate

You slammed your head on your pillow. Stop overthinking! Dammit, what the hell is wrong with me!? It's definitely a side-effect of reading too many romance novels. Now it's gotten in my head.

You rolled over and got up from your fluffy bed reluctantly when you realise you weren't going back to sleep. You went through the daily routine. You threw your Healer's uniform and pulled your hair into a high ponytail.

You arrived at the second floor of the white tower where the archive for healers was built.

"Good morning old man!" You chirped at Roman who grunted in annoyance at your nickname for him.

Instantly he passed you stacks of books with a glare. "Memorize them all. Imperial examination for Healer is coming soon. You need to prepare yourself for oral and practical exams. We'll go through mock practicals once you're done with this."

You could only watch with your jaw dropped in disbelief. "What?! I've to memorize all of this! There are at least 10 books here! And so fat at that!!"

"Within one week. And there will be more to come."

"I'll die!!"

"You should've thought it before becoming Healer. Just because you're a prodigy and the youngest girl to acquire a room for yourself in the white tower doesn't mean you won't have to put effort into your position." He haughtily adjusted his glasses. "Try not to die."

"I hate you, old man!" You cried out as Roman walked away with a victorious smirk. For today he won the unclaimed battle of tormenting the other.

You looked at the stacks of books with a pained look and decided to get moving if you wanted to finish it within a week. Being a healer sucks!!

You chose your room to concentrate on your work. After hours and hours of torture of memorizing godawful names, you took a break.

Sighing you looked out the window the cool breeze always calming you before looking at the notes you made. Stupid studies.

"Let's go meet Claude and Felix. See what they are up to!" You nodded to yourself.

The event of yesterday flashed and you grabbed your head. "Nope! Let's not think about it."

You hummed your favourite song as you made you way your way to Gannett Palace. You passed Claude's Nanny who smiled at you kindly, guiding you to the room. She waved you goodbye.

You entered the lobby to see Felix relaxed back and rubbing his temple tiredly.

You were surprised. The always-smiling Felix looked tired today.

The instant he heard footsteps he straighten up, fixing his posture.

"Hey,( Y/n)" He greeted you with a soft smile that looked exhausted.

You frowned in concern. "Felix are you alright? You look burnt out."

You sat beside him reaching for his forehead. His temperature was normal so he wasn't sick.