86. I'm Okay.

"This is your home. Are you -"

"Mom, what happened? Why are-"

No. I'm not. I'm not your Mom. I don't know you. I don't know any of you.

Your hands twitched desperately to cover your ears. But you were frozen under the eyes looking at you. You brought the blankets closer and curled up staring at nothing with your head hung low. The unfamiliar faces continued to speak in desperation, sadness, in confusion. Their voices became a painful buzz. Their faces faded into a blur.

I don't know you. I don't know any of you. Stop...

The moment you woke up surrounded by a bunch of people you didn't recognize. People who claimed to know you claimed this place was your home. No, that's ridiculous. You don't belong here. You went out with your sister who got lost and you were searching for her and then....then...

You didn't remember anything. Nothing came to mind. What happened? Did Amber make it back home? Why were you here? Did she get into trouble? What about Mom? Dad? They must be going crazy.

You begged them for an answer but all you got were blank, confused faces. There were looking at you perplexed, expressions filled with pain, relief and sadness which slowly morphed into bewildering. Why..? You don't get it.

Alarm went off in your head. Something was wrong.

You shot up, throwing off the blankets and ran out. Ran until the walls came to an end and the blue sky became visible. Only to collapse on your knees. A majesty view of palaces, of grand and exotic gardens, with Knights and maids marching all around. Such a sight you only seen in movies was happening in front of you.

You blinked as tears burned your eyes. This wasn't your home. Where are you?

Your inside curled up as you blankly stared ahead, the bright sun mockingly shining down on you as if laughing at your misery.

Someone picked you up, with such tenderness as if they were afraid you'd break, afraid they'd break you. You almost missed the shaking as you buried your face into the sturdy chest.

"Lucas,"

You jolted from your thoughts.

A black-haired man with red glowing eyes was staring at you and a blonde girl stood beside him anxiously.

You blanked out when he started to speak. Your head became a mess.

Past memories. Another life. Reincarnation

That's what he told everyone.

Your fingertips went numb and started shaking.

That means you died.

I died. You painfully swallowed the lump in your throat. How..?

What about Amber? What about your parents? How'd they handled this news? Or was it they are already over it?

"Past life? She remembers her past life..?"

A rough, cold voice asked stiffly. You shifted away slightly. The owner of the voice was standing near the bed, closest to you and his voice was making you uncomfortable for some reason.

Lucas shook his head and sighed in annoyance when the blonde beside him started shaking, "...No, she always had memories of her past. Only now her current life memories have regressed."

Your head throbbed.

"Her memory loss might be permanent. Or it can come back in phases. It's hard to tell." He continued with a grim expression.