64. Image of A Mother

"We should ask his Majesty. With his abilities he may be able to pass on his memory." Felix suggested.

The hallway was empty except for you, Felix and Lily. Lily brighten up at the prospect of finding a way to show Diana to Athy.

You shifted from one foot to another, crossing your arms. With a doubtful expression you asked, "Is it good idea to ask him that?"

Felix nodded with firm look. "I'm sure he won't deny the request since we don't have Memorial stone of Lady Diana. Princess wishes to see Lady Diana, he'd understand."

"Hmm." You thought over his suggestion, still doubtful. You didn't think it was good idea to get Claude involved in this. "If that's the case maybe with the help of Ether I can do it too. I have way more memories with Diana in comparison to Claude."

Felix hesitated, looking luke he had something to say. You  gave him puzzled look.

"Felix?"

"Wouldn't it be better if we let his Majesty pass on his memory of lady Diana to princess. Princess might understand the bond between her parents. That her father loved her mother." Felix said.

Seeing Diana from Claude's perceptive would certainly clear her assumption of Claude hating Diana.

There was a small static noise in your mind as you listened to Felix's reasoning.

"Yes," Surprisingly Lily agreed. "Princess and his majesty are family, both of them have lost someone precious to them. They would understand each other's loss better since both share family bond. If you showed them it wouldn't be the same since you're not famil--" Lily paled, her mouth shut tight when she realized what she said.

Felix stared in disbelief at Lily. He turned to you with wide eyes expression as if he was trying to reassure but didn't know how.

Ah, sometimes I forget I'm not Athy's mother no matter how much I pretend to be.

You stared without really seeing. The same static noise filled your ears. You numbly nodded your head. "Right. It's better that way. They are family." Something I would never be.

Lily shook her head hurriedly with guilty expression. "(Y/n), please don't take it the wrong way. I didn't say it to hurt you."

Felix held your shoulder and peered at you with seriousness you never seen before. "(Y/n), don't take lady Lillian's words to heart. You've proved many times you don't have to be family to care for others. So don't be disheartened!"

"No, no, I understand." You smile at both of them reassuringly, although your chest was heavy with sadness. "Diana is Athy's mother and nothing can change that fact. No matter how I love and care for Athy, I can't replace Diana and become her mother. I completely understand. I really do."

"(Y/n)." Felix called out as you slipped away from his warm hold.

You turned away, waving nonchalantly. "Just going for a walk."

You walked with heavy steps. You blankly stared ahead as you contemplated over Lily's words.

She was right to some degree. Both Athy and Claude stared family bond, something you didn't. If both of them could get around their problems and demons, they could probably forge a strong bond unrivalled to anything else.

You knew first hand how strong a family bond was. Your second life was prove of that. And Nora, your Mom had proven it countless times just how strong and boundless family bond could be.

Athy seem to be doing fine by herself and Claude seems to have softened with her.

You stopped walking. The hallway was empty and seem endless without an end in sight. Suddenly you felt exhausted. You leaned against one of the pillar, focusing on your breathing.