40. Changing Feelings

Finally done! You slammed the report on the table. Freaking old man always giving me extra work.

Roman raised an eyebrow, adjusting his glasses as he eyed the stack of paper with a skeptical look. "Done already? Are you sure you didn't skip? I'll double your work if there is a single error in there."

You rolled your eyes. "Double-checked it. Even if you wore magnifying glasses you won't find a single mistake in there. I even list out the knight's name who need extra care and those who are unfit for war. And I made a different list for the knights I healed. Here you go!"

Roman nodded satisfied but much to your rising exhaustion he added. "Tomorrow I need you to join others and do a checkup on the third squadron. The Captain requested to check on them first since they need to prepare for the war."

"Great, more work." You groaned. The upcoming war preparation has increased your work. Checking on knights. Making sure they were ready for the war. Scheduling their training regimen. God, it was hectic. You were thankful you weren't chosen to accompany the knights on the battlefield. Having healers and magicians on the battlefield, and backing up the knights would increase the chances of winning.

But you seriously weren't ready to see bloodshed.

"I'm taking my leave now."

Roman didn't look up, busy making the list of healthy knights. You quickly left before Roman could give you more work. It was break time, you didn't want to miss the time to breathe and not run around tearing your hair out.

The moment you left the tower the sight before you momentarily froze you.

"Penelope." You called out in surprise. No matter how many times you see her it was still a bit unsettling.

"Hello, sister. Shall we go?" She asked sweetly, covering her face with her purple fan that matched her purple dress.

"Yeah." You broke out of your stupor and followed her awkwardly.

It's been three days since she arrived and has been staying here for reason unknown to you. She had persistently followed you, coming to your workplace to greet you, joining your break time with Claude and Felix, and even some days coming to your room unannounced.

She was trying her best to get close to you. Being friendly and kind with a charming smile.

You didn't know whether to be annoyed or creeped out. But you were leaning more over being annoyed.

The girl who didn't go out of her way to greet you when you were in Judith Monor was suddenly behaving like a clingy octopus, acting like you were attached at hips.

And no, you double-checked your hips were still single.

"How was your day, little sister? I hope no one troubled you."

Here we go again. You sighed mentally at her mundane enquiry.

"It was usual. And no, no one troubles me." You can't trouble the troublemaker.

She smiled sweetly. "I'm glad. Don't be afraid to tell me if someone troubles you. I'll gladly help you."

You didn't answer. You didn't need her help. You could kick ass yourself.

Her acting like a big sister was putting you off. Sometimes you felt like performing an exorcism on her to see if she was possessed by some imposter demon.

You reached the lobby and immediately your eyes lit up with joy when you see Claude who as usual had removed his extravagant coat and was relaxing in his blue undershirt.

It's been 2 days since you saw him. He was busy with the war too since he was the second prince. It was quite disappointing that you had to postpone your training too.