Chapter 98

"To your left!" I shouted at Eri. Winter was still around but the snow had pretty much cleared up. I was currently training her as I usually do after school everyday. She ducked and roundhouse kicked the training dummy.

She had come a long way over the past two month of training her. The first two weeks, I showed her the fundamentals of her quirk and she's managed to rein it in. She's got it under her full control and I couldn't be more proud of her.

Recently, I've been teaching her in hand to hand combat and I notice her get stronger and stronger each day. She's resilient and just like me when I was her age, she's determined to become the best version of herself.

She kicked the last training dummy, knocking the robot over. "That was amazing Red! You took out five of those things without your quirk!" I gushed as I walked over to her.

She beamed up at me, flashing her sparkling white teeth. She was surprisingly strong for a Six year old. At first it shocked me but I slowly understood how she had so much strength and energy.

She had learned to use Rewind on herself to keep her in shape as she fought, which meant she had to eat alot more but it paid off because she had already developed her technique.

"Thanks Y/N! I've been feeling really confident lately. It's like I can do anything!" She beamed as I handed her red water bottle -with unicorn stickers we had customized together- to her.

"I'm so glad you feel that way! You're getting really strong!" I smiled at her as she gulped her water down. She wiped at her mouth with the back of her hand.

"Do you think you could teach me how to sneak attack someone? I might need to ambush a villain one day and I have no idea how to do that..." She mumbled as she handed me her water bottle back.

I placed her water bottle on the grass where I had put our bags. We were out in the training field under some shady trees on top of a hill that looked out towards the U.A building.

I smiled, "Ofcourse I can Red," I cleared my throat, "Rule number one in an ambush is stealth. Sneaking up on the enemy requires a thought out plan. What's rule number one of combat?" I asked her as she sat infront of me on the dark green grass, criss cross apple sauce.

"Always have more than one plan." She responded. I smirked, "Good job. It's the same thing when we ambush. Have more than one plan at all times and be sneaky." I said.

I then stepped back, "Always know your opponents thought process. Different people have different thought processes. Can you name a few?" I asked her as I picked up some numchucks.

She nodded her head, "Some people think sporadically. These type of people aren't very experienced in combat and don't have a clear mind." She explained looking up at me as I adjusted the numchucks.

I nodded and she continued, "Some people think recklessly. These people have experience but they lack clear judgment so when they fight, they do dumb shit." She explained.

I chuckled at her swear word. I couldn't get angry at her though. After all, I was the same at her age. As long as she doesn't go over board, I don't have a problem with it.

She spoke again, "Then there are people who think clearly but are far too slow. These people are too hesitant in decision making and often doubt their ability during a fight. It's more a lack of self confidence." She told me.

I had taught her the mindsets of people when we started training. She's a fast learner and I smiled at her intellect. "Finally there are steadfast thinkers. These people are the most resilient and are the most dangerous to encounter during combat. On the other hand being a steadfast thinker is the key to being a good hero. Never doubt your own ability." She explained.