Chapter 60

I was packing my bags for the Yakuza and I was dead set on saving Eri. I hadn't met her yet nor does she know me but as a hero, I have to help her. I'm going to save her and stop them from causing havoc with these bullets.

I heard a knock at my door. "Come in." I spoke solemnly. The door opened and in walked Touya. He closed the door behind himself and sat on my bed.

I looked over my shoulder at him. I was taking all the clothes and shoes from out of my closet. "Are you sure about this?" He asked.

I nodded my head, "I have to help her Toto. She's practically being tortured by that asshole." I grumbled. He was silent for a second, "What if he tortures you?" He asked in a whisper.

"He won't. I can't let that happen and besides I know I can save her and keep myself from harms way at the same time." I reassured him. I was subconsciously trying to soothe my own doubts though.

"Those bullets could start a whole regime. It would be the end of the hero society as we know it. Not just in Japan but no doubt the world. I know heroes aren't perfect but no one is. It's what makes us human Touya." I spoke.

He sighed, "I know. I don't exactly hate heroes. Not all of them are corrupt. I mean, you're a hero and you're one of the most pure souls I know." He complimented as he leaned on my bed.

"But not all of them are like you. You're one of the few true heroes left. The hero society is corrupt. Endeavor is evidence of that." He spat the fire hero's name out like venom. I nodded as fold my clothes.

"You're right, it is corrupt. Most save people for the glory or money. Not to mention the prejudice against women." I puffed.

He raised a brow, "Prejudice against women?" He questioned. "When have you ever seen a woman in the top 3?" I asked. He furrowed his brows in thought.

"Never. There has never been a woman in first place either. The government believe women can't be at the top. They think a woman in power is dangerous territory. And in someway, they're right." I spoke, Touya listening intently.

"The hero society wouldn't be as biased if there was a woman to prove to the world that anyone can reach the top. That's where they lose power. Control. If anyone can be top dog then where's their place?" I explained.

"Look at it this way. If the nation thinks they too can become powerful, no matter their age or gender, what's there to control?" I paused.

"People will believe they too can become the best and therefore their mental stability will out do the government's feble attempts at control." I explained.

Touya spoke, "I dont understand." He mumbled. I sighed and thought for a second before speaking my mind.

"95% of women in Japan are nothing more than housewives. If women start believing they too can become what they wish to be, who stays at home to cook and look after the children?" I asked. His eyes widened in shock.

"They fear gender roles reversing and women not giving birth to add to the population. If women have jobs and can rely on themselves then what happens to the supposed breadwinner Aka; men?  The government rely on men providing stability for women but why does it have to be that way?" I ranted.

"Why can't I be my own stability? Why do I have to cook when I can barely chop a carrot without cutting myself? Why do I have to sit at home while the men have fun?" I asked him.

He hummed in agreement, "I've never thought of it like that." He confessed. I continued, "That's why I'm going to change that. I'll be the voice women need. I'll become the first woman to be No. 1." I promised.