Everything was such a mess, I had crazed fans breaking into my place, a sexy billionaire turning my world upside down, and I was now an actor suddenly everyone knew, all because of a single TV show.

I found a bench in the park and sat down to watch a group of teenagers play American football, with a small crowd of girls the same age watching them play, instantly reminding me of days when I was their age and playing with my friends.

Nobody had spotted me yet, I probably looked shady with dark eye bags and messed up knuckles, not to mention I was dressed like I threw on anything that was close, which I did.

Here I was, having everything I had ever wanted, I had a bank account where I didn't have to worry about paying rent or buying food, hell people were giving me free clothes, and gifts almost every day.

I should be grateful, because, without any of it, I'd most likely be dead or homeless right now.

My phone buzzed again in my pocket, and I didn't even have to look to know who it was.

I answered it and say back on the bench, my eyes following the football on the field.

"Evan, don't hang up." Donovan's deep hard voice says desperately. "I just want to talk."

"So talk." I say flatly, in no mood to listen. "Are you hiding anything else from me?"

Before he could speak, I scoff. "Not that you'd tell me, you lied to me the whole time I knew you."

"Not gay, my ass." I spit out, wanting to hang up on him. "Did you lie about that too?"

"You sure had me fooled."

"I'm not gay Evan."

Donovan groans. "You're the only guy I've ever slept with, that was true, and I'm not hiding anything else from you, I just need you to believe me that I'm telling you the truth."

"I need to know you're not going to do anything stupid Evan." He finally said, hinting at his fucked up family.

"Stupid?" I laugh out, making a couple walking past me look at me strangely.

"I'm not going to tell anyone." I told him. "Who'd believe me anyways? My mom, who can't even form sentences without asking for money? Or let's see... the police you paid off to cover it all up."

Scoffing out, I lean forward and grip my head.

"You know what Donovan?" I mutter out, as I hear laughter coming from the boys on the field.

"I went back to my hometown and realized after I visited his grave that... I'd forgiven his killer a long time ago." I quietly say, closing my eyes. "I didn't want to keep hating the world, or blame all of my problems on the fact my dad died and his killer was happily alive, living their life."

"I like you Donovan, but you should have told me the truth." My voice cracks. "If I had gotten that letter sooner... I'd- fuck, I'd have understood that shit happens, and people die, but to do what your family did to mine..."

"You didn't even give us a chance to move on, my mom... it consumed her, and now she doesn't care if she lives or dies, all because of not knowing what happened to my dad."

Rubbing my eyes with my hoodie, I look ahead and see that the kids had stopped playing, and are looking directly at me curiously.

Fuck... did they realize who I was?

"You're right Evan." Donovan admits. "My parents made the wrong choice, they live with that guilt as much as I do."

The kids start coming up towards me, making me rub my face and lower my head.

"I want to meet them."

The call goes silent as the group of teenagers stands in front of me.

"Excuse me, are you Evan Beckett?" A girl asks, making me raise my head.

"Oh my god, it is you!" She screamed in excitement. "Can I take a picture? I'm like, you're the biggest fan!"

"Dude it really is him!" A young boy said.

"Holy shit, my sister is not going to believe me! Can I have a photo with you?"

"He's so hot! Even hotter in person!" A girl with thick-rimmed glasses squealed out.

"Where are you right now?" Donovan asks as I smile awkwardly as they begin to crowd me.

"I'll come to you, text me the address," I say. "I need to go." I hang up on him.

Smiling at the kid's faces, I nod my head and wrap my arms around two girls as a young guy opens his camera phone and points it at us, and all I could think of is, 'these photos are not going to turn out good'.

As the kids get excited about having their photos taken with me, my phone buzzes in my hand and seeing that Donovan had messaged me an address and time, I'd say that he made it happen.

I was going to see them...

I was going to meet his parents.