14

Jimin pov

I'm scared... This was the moment I've been dreading the whole day, my parents would know about my marks. I could've lied to them that I didn't get the results yet, if it weren't for the chat announcement.

Our tutor made a chat group only for our parents, to let them know everything about the students including the working days, timetables and all.

That was how I ended up sitting in front of mom and dad, my test papers spread out on the table. I couldn't bear to look up at them. They were probably glaring at my marks.

"Hm. You did good. But what about the 6 marks you lost? Didn't you study well?" Mom started first.

"I d-did. Maybe I lost some points, mom."

"Huh? Jimin, why don't you study well? You know we made a deal that we'll let you study only if you get full marks!"

"I-I'm sorry. I promise I'll do better next time."

"Not better. Give it your best!"

"Yes-"

"But you need a reminder or else you'll forget again." Dad finally spoke, cutting me off. Giving me chills when he said 'reminder'!

Author's pov

If Jimin was scared before, well now he's terrified. His eyes were already welled up. He slowly looked up at his father and said, "D-Dad, I won't repeat t-this. I- I will score high, please... please don't send me t-there- don't lock me up, dad-"

Bang!

Jimin's father shut him up, by banging the table. Jimin became stoic, scared to even move a muscle. His father looked at him with a blank expression, but Jimin could feel the anger in those eyes.

He stood up and dragged Jimin out of his chair by yanking her hand! He didn't care if Jimin stumbled on his way or got hit by the walls, just looked ahead, walking downstairs. While Jimin's mother remained in the room, sighing to herself.
.
.
.
Jimin's dad threw him into that dark basement like place! Jimin was trembling with the terror that he knew he was about to get. The tears flowed nonstop.

"You've been having a lot of fun, ever
since we let you out, huh? You think we're ready to spend for whatever you want?" His dad asked, eyeing the way Jimin was shivering away from him.

"ANSWER ME!" He yelled when he didn't get any answer. Jimin stood up, shaking his head 'no'.

"Use your words, son." His dad sneered, slowly removing his belt.

"N-No..."

Whip! "No what?"

Whip! "No, s-sir."

Whip! "I heard you're getting into classes late? Really enjoying your freedom nowadays? Especially after that trip you went with your friends!"

"No, I-I had other-"

Whip! Whip!

Mr. Park kept on whipping Jimin with the belt, until he fell down and couldn't take anymore. He huffed out, throwing the belt away.

Jimin silently cried. His hands can't even touch the areas where it's hit, it's too painful! Surely it would leave deep marks there. His limbs shake with the torturous pain. Jimin's closed eyes shot open when he heard the door being shut! He got up and limped towards the door.

"D-Dad...?" Jimin called, quietly, but turned tensed, realising he's alone in the dark!

"Dad! Let me out, please!" He yelled out loud this time, frantically banging on the door. His fists turned bloody red due to the constant hitting, but still kept on hitting and yelling. Hoping his dad would maybe... just maybe open the door and let him out!