Wang Yu stayed in the outhouse. Seeing the lights in the room turned off and on, on and off, he knew that Pei Yan had not slept at all.

    Unconsciously at ten o'clock, he heard Pei Yan getting up and pouring water again, and finally went out of the room and dragged the boy who was guarding the yard outside to ask questions: "I ask you, what's wrong with your son today? ?"

    The servant's name is Zhang Jue, who is only thirteen years old now, and was confused by Wang Yu's question: "I don't know..."

    Wang Yu frowned and asked in a different way, "What have you been doing since the young master came back from the school? Didn't go to the main courtyard?"

    "Go." Zhang Jue nodded again and again, "Xiao followed him, but by the time we got to the main courtyard, Mrs. Chu had already fallen asleep, and the son came back without letting the son in. This answer was different from

    what Wang Yu thought. Wang Yu was stunned and asked, "Didn't you quarrel with Mrs. Chu?

    " Are you arguing?"

    Wang Yu pondered for a while, then cautiously continued to ask, "When did the young master feel bad? But what happened in the school?"

    In the end, Zhang Jue said, "I didn't hear anything from the young master. If you want to say when you were in a bad mood..." He thought about it for a while, and said firmly, "It was after returning from the main courtyard."

    That would be strange.

    If it was said that he was in a bad mood after returning from the main courtyard, it should be because he was angry with Madam Chu. But if he didn't meet at all, how could he be angry with Lady Chu?

    The son is never an unreasonable person!

    After thinking about it, Wang Yusi still couldn't understand it, so he had to do it. After an unknown amount of time, Pei Yan finally fell asleep. He didn't sleep peacefully this time, and his dreams were all messed up with old things. When he saw that his four-year-old was sick, no one paid attention. Madam Hu hated him, his father was too lazy to pay attention to him, and the servants in the house also They are very perfunctory, and he often has to endure the discomfort when he wants to drink water.

    When he was six years old, he saw a cousin who lived in Dingguo's mansion for his birthday. The whole mansion was celebrating his birthday, and many guests came, sending gifts in an endless stream. But he happened to have the same birthday as that cousin, everyone forgot, only the eldest brother remembered.

    But the eldest brother was still young at that time and did not dare to disobey Mrs. Hu, the stepmother, so he had to ask the pantry to serve him a bowl of birthday noodles during dinner.

    He still remembers the taste of that bowl of noodles, and he is always grateful to Big Brother. Just thinking about it made him still bitter.

    When Pei Yan opened his eyes again, it was almost the same time as usual to get up. It was just dawn outside the window. He lay on the bed and stared at the curtain for a while before sitting up.

    He forgot for a while that the injury on his left hand was not yet healed, and the pain in his eyes warmed when he inadvertently exerted force.

    Pei Yan took a deep breath, slowed down expressionlessly, stretched his hand to the front of his face for a long time, and couldn't help but imagine how Chu Qin had helped him with medicine that day.

    The way she applied the medicine was serious and careful, and the ointment was applied little by little on his palm, for fear of hurting him.

    Such caution made him take it for granted that she cared about him.