"Exactly." Katerea said. "That's where it stopped making sense to me. I thought our goal was to retake the seats of the Four Great Satans and recontinue the war."

"You never would have beaten them." Kenshin said.

"!" Katerea looked up at him with angry eyes. "Who are you to say that?"

"The moment you got her to be serious, Serafall would have frozen you." Kenshin stated calmly. "Ajuka would have trapped Shalba in some weird formula of his, Falbium would have just tanked all of Creusarey's attacks with the Glaysa-Labolas clan's Absolute Defense until he wore himself out...and Rizevim? Like I said in my fight against him. Sirzechs would have folded him like laundry."

"..." Katerea bowed her head.

"Face it, your time as a royal devil is done. Your personal actions were never released to the public so you do have a shot at living a normal life." Kenshin said. "Either that or I can kill you here."

"...I don't want to die..." Katerea said.

Kenshin nodded. "OK...how about this. Join our organization, DXD, work for us, become a hero for the underworld. That way you can at least live comfortably."

"?" Katerea looked up at him curiously. "Why would you offer me this? I don't even know where Agreas is!"

"Because...the look of you...seems like someone who's been abused her whole life." Kenshin said.

"..." Katerea's eyes narrowed in regret. "Lady Tsfarme would beat my purpose into me daily." Katerea said.

"Tsfarme? Another Leviathan?" Yukari asked.

Katerea nodded. "This all happened at a young age."

Kenshin nodded slowly. "I see...I was the same."

"I know. I've read the file on you. Had we fought that day. I probably would have tried to take you alive." Katerea said, referring to the night of the Three Factions Summit.

"It wouldn't have worked, the idea is flattering though." Kenshin said. "But as far as Leviathans go. Serafall's more my speed. No disrespect."

"Haha, none taken, we all have our tastes in life." Katerea said.

"So you imply that a Leviathan descendant abused you?" Tamamo asked.

"The original Leviathan's daughter." Katerea said. "I was one of HER descendants."

Kenshin's eyes narrowed at this. "Excuse this look, I'm angry at her, not you."

"I understand." Katerea nodded.

"So I ask again." Kenshin said. "Will you join us? I know you'll never forgive me for Creuseray, but find something for yourself and live in peace."

"..." Katerea went silent before looking up at Kenshin. "...there was a relative of mine, a half devil." She said. "One of our line fell in love with a human and had a child with them."

"Do you want to kill them?" Draco said with disinterest.

"NO!" Katerea cried out, her tears flowing out at the mere implication. "That distant relative of mine was someone I cared about deeply! I want to find and protect them!"

Kenshin, Tamamo, Draco and Yukari all shared a glance. "Well that's all I need." Kenshin said.

"Me too." Yukari nodded.

"Mm...she sounds sincere." Draco said.

Tamamo approached Katerea. "Hold out your hands."

"..." Katerea extended her hands outward. Tamamo reached forward and disconnected the links holding her wrists together and bound her to the tree. "What?"