CH:33{The Perfect World}

Kenshin was sitting on the couch, the letter he had found on Arika's headstone laid open on the table. He had a somber look on his face holding a smoke between his lips.

It read.

Kenshin,

If you're reading this, then that means I am dead, and that nothing can bring me back to a physical form.

Either I was killed by Hottan, or the worst scenario has taken place and I was forced to have you do it instead.

Kenshin...I am so sorry to have to had put you through that if that is the case. I never wanted that to happen.

You talked a lot about heading back to that place, Kuoh I believe it was, and I could see it in your eyes, you wanted to take me with you, but...that just couldn't happen...the seal on Hottan wouldn't have lasted forever, as I based the first layer on my own lifeforce, we'd have had months together at best and as painful as it would have been to have you kill me, I am positive it would have been ten times worse to watch me fade away.

Please forgive me...now as to why I wrote this letter. When Hottan is freed, he'll no doubt be preparing something big, but don't worry wiping away the world to take in his full power from when he was human is off the table. I'm sure you know that one of our students, Asuna Kagurazaka is actually Asuna Vesperina Theotanasia Entheofushia, my mother's younger adopted sister and the Twilight Imperial Princess. It was decided after Dad died that we seal her away until Project Blue Mars was completed. She's somewhere that not even Hottan can reach. As for what he is planning, I do not know.

However if you need a ride to go meet him, we stashed a ship, one that Haruna Saotome, another of our students commandeered. Yukari suggested we stash it in one of your organization's safehouses, but felt it was better if she didn't know which one. It is Safehouse No. 6

This...is where I say goodbye Kenshin...I will always love you.

Sincerely,

Negi Springfield.

"..." Kenshin clenched a fist, extinguishing his smoke and dropped it on the floor.

"Kenshin." He looked over as he got to his feet, holding the letter and found Yukari and Grayfia.

"What is it?" Kenshin asked.

"When do we move out?" Yukari asked. "We can't afford to give Hottan too much time."

"In a bit." Kenshin said. "Yukari, remind me...which safehouse is No. 6?"

"Uhm...I believe it's this one actually." Yukari said.

"I see." Kenshin said. "Go and tell everyone to get ready to move. Grayfia come with me."

"Right." Yukari said walking away.

"...You know she still seems upset." Grayfia said.

"I know, I'll address it later, come on." Kenshin said walking toward the basement steps.

Grayfia followed after him. "You never intended on letting that slave trader live did you?"

"No, I didn't. To be honest his head eluded me during my stint with the Rikudou Organization." Kenshin said.

"What is your plan?" Grayfia said.

"Don't really have one, never been much of a strategist, but I'm sure Miyuki called a meeting of the minds when you got here." Kenshin said.

"...I see." Grayfia said.

As they walked down the second flight of steps a silence reigned over them. When they finally came to the second basement floor and entered the room. Grayfia locked the door behind her. "?" Kenshin turned toward her.