CH:94{Memories of the Past}

Kenshin, who had changed into his normal clothes approached the bridge with Rias . Theodora turned to him. "So...I heard you took an 'L'" Theodora said with a grin.

"Yeah Yeah, yuck it up ya tomboy." Kenshin said.

"Eh, maybe later." Theodora shrugged.

"So how close are we to Olympus Mons?" Kenshin asked.

"Actually if you just wanted to hoof it to Riot Peak now, we could drop you off here." Somo said.

"Hm...no. Let's get a little closer. The peak is still a ways away." Kenshin said.

"Also, I hope you don't mind, but I was helping those two train for their fight against you." Somo said.

"Huh, I thought I recognized some of those stances." Kenshin said. "It's fine."

"So how close do you want us to get you?" Theodora asked.

"Huh..." Kenshin stroked his chin in thought. "Give me another hour, I want to squeeze in one more day of training in the resort." Kenshin said.

"OK." Theodora and Somo said.

"..." Kenshin paused as he walked toward the resort. "Theo."

"Yeah?" Theodora said.

"...Thank you." Kenshin said.

"Hm?" Theodora said.

"Thank you...for everything you and your family did for me." Kenshin said. "It was such a huge risk, but...even though my paranoia demanded you didn't...it...means a lot."

"..." Theodora smiled. "If we had to decide on it again, Dad, Mom and I would make the same choice every time."

"Hmn." Kenshin nodded and walked out of the room.

Rias followed after him, while Somo turned to Theodora. "You know...you could have taken that opportunity to at least kiss him." Somo said.

"..." Theodora closed her eyes with a smile. "...I know, but...seeing as he has a legitimate home now...I don't want to even try to tie him down to here."

"Maybe,but that doesn't mean you can't be a little selfish. So he won't be back that often. You should at least let him know how much of your lingering sentiments are still there." Somo said with a smile. (1 )

Meanwhile Kenshin and Rias had reentered the Resort. Rias turned to Kenshin and clapped her hands together with a smile, her right eye closed. "I'm going to go train by myself if it's all the same to you."

"Ok." Kenshin said, smiling as the two shared a kiss before parting. Kenshin hopped down into the forest. But it wasn't long into his focus in training that his mind began to be flooded with doubt.

"Kh..." Kenshin closed his eyes as he tried to meditate. "Rias...wasn't the only one that was hurt by my reckless actions..." He said gritting his teeth. "Akeno, she's been in love with me since before the Alliance was formed. She's always cared about me." Kenshin muttered to himself. "Then there's Xenovia...she...wants me to give her a child, but a only a fool wouldn't see that there's something there..." He said. "Then there's Koneko...she might be unable to have a child right now, like she wants, but she obviously adores me."

He stood back up, unable to meditate as his conflict grew. "Sona...an incredibly smart and gifted woman...a beauty to boot, she could have anyone she wanted, but she chose me." His eyes squeezed shut further. "Tamamo...she's one of the Six Ancestors, the creators of Demonkind, alongside Alipheese the First, yet...even I can tell she wants me as a lover and Ravel...It's obvious she wants to be with me, after our tryst after the attack on Kuoh."