CH:50{Dragons of a Similar Scale}

Start from the beginning

"Seven? ! Shit everyone must be worried! If it was something he felt he needed to do then fine, but I gotta get back quick!" Issei said.

"Relax, you're not gonna come back any faster by panicking." Ddraig said. "Also, it wouldn't surprise me if Kenshin has come back. Time runs about like it does for Mundus Magicus."

"So a week there for a day back home?" Issei wondered. "Yeah, It would be great if Kenshin took care of things and went back."

"You know, I can hear you two over there." Ophis said.

"Ah, sorry." Issei said. "Didn't you return home?"

"This is home." Ophis said.

"I meant, didn't you return to the human world or the Underworld?" Issei said.

"You said, and Kenshin more or less agreed that we should go home together, so I'm waiting on you." Ophis stated blandly. "Then Kenshin had to go and run off to Makai with that Bomb Queen woman."

"Bomb Queen...you mean Raiser's Queen? What was she doing here?" Issei asked.

"I have no idea, she said she was patrolling around the Phenex Castle grounds when she suddenly found herself here. She had been looking for a way back when she ran out of energy and ended up here by chance. Kenshin said he intended to take her back home, but then he heard someone calling for help, specifically from his Queen, the kitsune Tamamo and he said he had to leave. He offered to let the Bomb Queen stay here until you woke up, but she decided to go with him. Saying she owed him a debt."

"I see..." Issei said. "Uhm, can I leave like this?"

"You're borrowing Great Red's power, so for now your life is tethered to his." Ddraig said.

"Shit..." Issei cursed. "Ophis, I don't mean to bother you, but could you check if my body is done?"

"Fine." Ophis said. She walked over to a pulsating lump of flesh and put her hand on it. "Not yet."

"Am I just missing some organs or something?" Issei asked.

"You say that so casually." Ophis said.

"Well I'd just like an estimate of how much time I got." Issei said.

"Well, you don't have any skin either so...do with that what you will." Ophis said. "However the organs and muscles are almost done, and skin doesn't take that long."

"Yggh." Issei grunted in disgust. "Sorry I asked. So, Ddraig...how am I still here? Wasn't there a summoning anyway?"

"Yes, but only your Evil Pieces went through." Ddraig said.

"Wh-What? ! But then what am I? ! Those were the things that were making me a Devil to start with!" Issei griped. "I can't even use the Crimson form or the Triana forms without those!"

"Relax, your Master, the Gremory girl that's madly in love with Kenshin likely has them." Ddraig said. "Hell you were just having a dream that you were helping them out with communication through your Evil Pieces."

"OK, so...how am I not dead, dead." Issei said.

"The past wielders of the Boosted Gear absorbed the curse for you, while I placed your soul in the armor." Ddraig said. "Even the past wielder of Divine Dividing helped."

"Seriously? So I'm here thanks to the Senpais?" Issei asked. "..."

"I understand how you must feel, so could you listen to their last words?" Ddraig asked.