Chapter 16: A Dangerous Game

"This should make the fight a lot more even now," Callion said as he looked at Ukog with a strange calmness written all over his face. His demeanor had relaxed but his eyes were super focused.

Ukog smiled and then rushed at him. They both clashed and started trading blows.

"How'd he reach that form?" Vegeta asked with a shocked look on his face. At that moment everyone could feel Callion's energy just as much as Ukog's.

"He reached an emotional low that no Saiyan has ever gone through. I know that you've all seen your fair share of pain. I'm sure you've gone through enough mental turmoil that drove you all to achieve such amazing power, but Callion went through something that you all haven't. You went through a time where he tried to kill himself," Kai said as she simply watched the fight.

Firstly, everyone was surprised that she spoke. Those were the only words she had ever said to them and not even Zayd had ever heard her first.

Second, they were surprised to hear that Callion had reached such a low that he achieved a form greater than anything they'd ever seen. Vegeta couldn't comprehend it and Goku was so surprised that Callion had gotten so depressed that he wanted to die. He never expected for Callion to reach such a low in his life and at that moment he wondered just how much he didn't know about Callion.

Lazuli was the most distraught. She knew Callion better than most of the people here and even she didn't think that Callion could reach such an emotional low. She saw him at his angriest but that didn't even compare to what she had just heard. Krillin had explained to her that the super Saiyan transformation was achieved through times of great emotional turmoil. When a Saiyan was at his angriest.

As she looked at Callion she realized that he didn't get that form the same way. He didn't get it through anger, no, this was different. It felt different.

Callion grabbed Ukog by his ankle and threw him to the ground and then tossed him back into the air where he began throwing a barrage of ki blasts in his direction.

Ukog yelled out in pain but then his screams turned playful. He was enjoying the pain like a masochist.

Callion jumped after Ukog, grabbed him by his shoulders, and slammed the both to the ground. He quickly began slamming his fists into his face over and over again. Blood sprayed everywhere like a broken water fountain and when he was done Callion looked down at Ukog like he'd made a disgusting piece of art.

The Saiyan took a deep breath and then dropped to his knees. His breathing became heavy and he tried his best to jump away from Ukog but he couldn't get away.

"Now!" Zayd screamed as he watched his protector struggle to get away. All of the Z-fighters present rushed towards the battle. Their hearts raced with both nervousness and excitement. They knew that the monster's fighting style was unpredictable and that he could absorb ki. They felt well prepared for the fight ahead and watching Callion fight the monster had only increased the knowledge of their foe.

They were ready.

Piccolo fired a blast that freed Callion from Ukog's grasp. Goku and Vegeta landed a powerful kick to Ukog's torso, causing the beast to sink deeper into the ground.

Ukog roared and his weird aura began to creep everywhere. The aura touched Gohan and Piccolo causing them both to hit the ground exhausted from the lack of ki.

Krillin and Zayd had also gotten hit.

Lazuli got hit as well but she felt completely fine. At that moment she realized something and went straight in for an attack.

Callion saw her rushing toward Ukog and out his hands out. "No, Lazuli," he said weakly as his desire to protect her began to rise. He couldn't stand, let alone rush to her side.