Chapter 14: Progression

Callion sat on top of a hill with his legs crossed and his hands placed carefully on his knees. The battle in his mind was intense as he fought himself once again. Though as he was fighting himself, the figure would occasionally turn into Krillin which threw him off. Whenever he was close to landing a decisive blow on the image of himself, it would turn into Krillin, causing him to quickly pull his fist back which then caused the image of himself to hit him.

He was being beaten by his own subconscious. No matter how hard he tried to push through to win against the image of himself, he couldn't get the upper hand.

Eventually, Callion opened his eyes and he sighed as he once again felt his power lowering. He could tell that he wasn't as strong as he used to be. It was like his body was telling him to use the form that he disliked so much. He grit his teeth and flexed his jaws before finally standing up. Mental training would no longer work and the more he fought, the weaker he was getting.

He had no choice but to sit and wait until King Yurag showed up so that he could keep the power that he had now.

Callion flew over to Kini's place and greeted her husband respectfully. They both walked outside together only to find Kini and Carly swimming together in the pull. The little girl found splashing water all over everyone funny, which it was.

Kini's husband, Link, took his shirt off and jumped into the water. Callion decided to take his shirt off as well, but when he did Kini's eyes froze on him and she couldn't take them off until Carly splashed her with water once again.

He smiled as he was just about to step into the pool, then suddenly his face turned cold. Kini could have sworn the pool had gotten colder despite the fact that she had gotten used to the already cold water she had been in. Even Link seemed to get a bad feeling though it was only because of the look Callion had on his face.

"Callion, is everything ok?" Link asked.

"I have to go. If you start feeling some shaking, please go into your home. You'll probably be safer there," he said as he put his t-shirt back on.

"Is this another one of your superhero situations?" Kini asks with worry in her eyes.

Callion nodded his head and then took off flying.

Link stood there with his eyes wide and mouth almost sinking to the bottom of the pool. "Callion's a superhero?"

Kini smiled nervously.

"Kini, your ex-boyfriend is a superhero?"

"He's not my ex-boyfriend!"

Callion arrived in a meadow as the energy he was sensing began getting closer

Callion arrived in a meadow as the energy he was sensing began getting closer. The birds in the trees began flying away, the wind started blowing harder, and the atomosphere itself felt toxic. Callion couldn't pinpoint where the energy was coming from because it was so massive. Covering not only the meadow, but he even felt it as soon as he had left Kini's place.