Interlude to Chaos

Perched atop a rooftop in the sea of flames, Sunghoon overlooks the city he set ablaze. As remorse begins to creep into his body, he clenches his fists and flicks his eyes.

Has he made the right decision?

Michael came whistling down, standing right beside Leviathan with a bottle of wine and loaf in his hands as if he just came back from a hearty meal.

"What's with the long face, Prince of Seoul?" Michael questions while bending over to see Sunghoon's face.

"Michael, did I do the right thing?" Sunghoon asks, not batting an eye towards Michael. Just staring into the void of the fire he created.

The question made the Archangel look at him, "O-of course! You wanted this to happen, am I wrong? This is your manifesto." He clarifies.

Sunghoon further expresses with a sigh, "But my brothers. Why did they see me as the bad guy? Don't they see that I'm doing this for them? For us?"

"Why are you wondering about your brothers? They're nothing but a let down to the entire celestial world. They ignored the rules and were selfish. You shouldn't worry about fools like them." Michael raises his arms as to show Sunghoon what he has in his possession.

"You have taken over South Korea's capital, you have the power that aligns with Archangels, and you made your puny brothers run away with their teeny legs. And you're over here thinking about them? Sunghoon, what have they ever done to you that's good?"

Sunghoon searches for an answer that can counter what Michael asked, and yet, he found nothing. Michael sees that he is incredibly right.

"You see? You can't even think of a moment where your brothers ever treated you like one. Forget about them, focus on what you have..." He places his fingers on top of Sunghoon's head, turning it to the direction of the destruction caused by him.

"And that is chaos."

-

"Pardon?" Soobin wasn't sure what he just heard.

"That's right, we're going back to Seoul." Heesung repeats himself after telling his comrade his intentions. The other princes stood behind him, like a bunch of kids waiting for their older brother to finish his 'adult talk'.

Soobin lounges in his chair while sliding his hand inside a bag of chips, "And where did this enthusiasm come from?"

"This is serious. We found a way that can beat that creature. We can retake Seoul." Heesung urges.

"So you want me to send more soldiers there? Well guess what! We don't have anymore soldiers. All of them are injured, traumatized, and are quitting once this chaos is resolved."

"I don't need soldiers, Soobin. As a detective under your wing, I am asking permission to go out there and fight."

Soobin smacks his lips before giving Heesung an answer, "And I say, no. I can't risk losing you too, Heesung. Not after what happened to Beomgyu and Yeonjun." He stands up from his seat, taking his bag of chips with him.

The tall male was about to leave, but Heesung suddenly brought up,

"They didn't die for us to give up that easily." Soobin recalls the encouragement he gave Heesung that time, the time when the detective lost hope as the city around him crumble.

He turns around and sees the same dedication in Heesung's eyes. The willingness of a detective to solve an impossible crime has finally sparked in Heesung's heart.

"If you really do have the solution that can fix this problem of ours, then I shouldn't stop you." Soobin says, igniting relief in Heesung.

"Thank you." Heesung reaches out his hand for a handshake, but instead Soobin pulled him in for a hug.

"Aww!" Everyone sings a chorus after seeing both of the two toughest people express their feelings.

"Aww... can we go now?" Although, Riki got impatient.

Heesung releases from the embrace and looks at the four other princes behind him, "Pack your devil wings, we're flying back to Seoul."

-

In the mids of the scorching fire, Ningning stares at herself in a shattered glass, shards that represent who she is.

A shattered demon that wants to explore the concept of 'happiness'. She is run with revenge, and happiness to her is nothing but a concept.

"I thought you were real."

"Stop..."

"We can make more memories like that."

"We can't..."

"You don't have to do this, we don't have to do this."

"You don't understand, I'm doing this for you..."

"So please, put an end to this."

"Just shut up!" The voices arguing inside the skull of the Queen of Hell are more than enough. She shrieks out in outrage, shattering even more glasses as she does so.

She flashes back at the glass fragments on the floor and identifies a familiar reflection. Ningning, who is quivering from terror, looks up at the mentioned reflection only to see the voice she has been arguing with.

"Lilith, how have you been?" Jungwon's voice was soothing to her, yet threatening.

'What's he doing here? Is he here for revenge?'

"Jungwon please!" She fell on her knees, kissing up to his shoes as she brought her hands together, "Spare me, please!" Knowing how powerful Satan can be once he's mad, Ningning is begging for mercy.

Jungwon crouches down in front of her, "Ningning, I'm not here to hurt you. We're here to bring my brother back."

-

a/n: and the chaos begins!