Blinded by the Darkness

"Niki just put me down!" Sunoo argues with Riki still carrying him on his back, in search of Jungwon. The two princes are on the sidewalk, earning looks from people as they question why is the owner of Gluttony Goodness getting carried by a teenager.

"If I put you down, I better see you running on that sprained ankle." He talks back while making sure they are not being trailed by the military from behind because so far it appears that they have outrun them, "He could've gone far."

"Well can we at least go to my restaurant first? I have a first-aid kit there, my ankle really hurts." Sunoo whines, feeling the throbbing pain in his ankle.

"Alright, alright, but we better keep an eye out for Jungwon. That little shit slipped off of our hands." Riki says.

Sunoo smiles at this, not expecting Riki to have a caring side, "Thank you, Duck face."

"Do you want me to add more pain to that ankle?"

"No! I was kidding! Can't take a joke?"

-

After fleeing for God knows how far, Jungwon eventually came to a flower shop, panting and dripping with perspiration from sprinting. He was reminded of Ningning since he recalled her love for flowers.

"Ah shit..." He curses under his breath after remembering that he would treat Ningning to Gluttony Goodness today. Such bad timing, he thought.

Jungwon went on panic mode as he thinks of a way to not mention that he's now the government's most wanted fugitive to Ningning. He examines himself in the glass window of a store next to him to see if he still appears presentable. One by one, he removes the glass fragments that are sprinkled on top of his head.

His attention lingered on the flower shop, now having the urge to buy Ningning her favorite flower before leading to Gluttony Goodness.

-

Riki must be exhausted at this point considering he carried Sunoo the entire way to Gluttony Goodness, coming from the crime scene.

He was gasping from weariness, and Sunoo could hear it, "I told you to put me down."

"Shut it. We're almost there anyways." Riki avoids the soreness in his legs, which he can feel are quivering.

'Is he trying to make himself look strong?' Sunoo grins, then fixes his gaze on a young woman who is loitering outside his eatery. She has to be a customer.

The young lady then exchanges his glare, "You must be the owner! I have been waiting for so long." She greets.

"Oh well, apologies, but it's Saturday, the restaurant is closed during the weekends." Sunoo states, feeling guilty that the lady had to wait for his restaurant to open for several minutes or even hours, only for him to tell her that his business isn't available during the weekends.

She questioned, her face losing its enthusiasm, "Is that so?"

Sunoo responds, "I'm sorry, you can come on Monday!"

The smile was brought back to her face, "I will!" As she prepared to leave, a well-known prince chased after her, carrying a bouquet of flowers. A particular prince that immediately caught Sunoo and Riki's eyes.

"Jungwon? I thought you forgot about our date?" She asks while noticing how haggard he looks, as if he fled from the government and ran all the to Gluttony Goodness. Which he did.

"Why would I forget about it? I'm sorry for being late, let's head inside--" Jungwon freezes as he spots Riki and Sunoo standing in front of the restaurant, grinning and waving at him.