A Deal with The Devil

Jay pulls up in front of Ningning's house and parks his car. Jungwon swiftly got out of the car and walked up to the front porch, ringing the doorbell. He rings it multiple times, wondering why no one has answered yet. Jay got out of the driver seat and watched Jungwon waiting for Ningning to open the door.

"Is anyone home?" Jay asks.

"Give me a second." Jungwon says as he rings the doorbell one more time.

The door then swings open, showing a young teen with bobbed hair. Even though it's Jungwon's first time seeing her, she looks at him as if she's had enough with him.

"Hi--"

"I thought you met up with Ningning? How many visitors does she have?" The lady asks, interrupting Jungwon's greeting. As she relates, Ningning was then spotted approaching the girl from behind.

"Minjeong, that isn't..."

Minjeong, the girl with the bob-cut looks back at Jungwon, "Oh. Anyway, why are you here?"

"I think I know why he's here." Ningning says as she crosses her arms.

-

Minjeong, Ningning's roommate, stares at Jungwon as he sits on the couch, as if she is monitoring everything he does. Jungwon just gave her an uneasy smile and moved his eyes about till he spotted a certain flower.

A rose that is displayed in a vase, "Where did you buy that flower?" Jungwon asks.

"Ningning bought it. It's basically her favorite flower." Minjeong answers, still staring intensely at Jungwon.

"Favorite flower, you say. It's pretty."

"Of course it's pretty. I have keen eyes for flowers and plants." Ningning says as she takes a seat across Jungwon.

"So, what do you want?" She asks.

Jungwon clears his throat and looks at Minjeong, "Can you give us a moment?" The roommate rolled her eyes before climbing up the stairs to her bedroom.

"What you saw at Dongseok's room... I am really sorry about that." Jungwon begins, having both of his arms rest on the surface of his thighs. "I scared you, Ning, and I didn't mean to do that."

"Do you have something to tell me? Because what I saw in that room appeared to be so realistic, I assumed I was having a bad dream. Do you have any idea how many nightmares I've had in the last few days as a result of that terrifying scene, Jungwon? I had trouble sleeping!"

Jungwon sighs, "I know a sorry wouldn't fix any of that. So, I'm going to tell you that everything you saw in Dongseok's room is... real. And I was trying to banish his soul back to Hell. You don't have to worry, Ning because as your friend I'll do anything to protect you from demons or ghosts or just anything that'd threaten you."

Ningning scoffs, "How can you be so sure of my safety?"

"Ning," Jungwon takes a deep breath, closing his eyes as he hesitates,

"I'm a Prince of Hell."

-

"Have you reached the hallway?" Jake asks through Riki's earpiece as he gradually tiptoes towards the hallway that has the light blue door.

"Yes." Riki answers in a whisper.

"Okay, go in there because the access to Mr. M's office is actually inside that room." Jake informs.

"Wait, but I think they're going to meet up with Mr. M in that room, and if I get caught, who knows what'll happen to me." Riki explains, recalling how the health-care workers summoned some clients and took them to the room behind the light blue door. Sunghoon will meet Mr. M in person, according to K, so if Riki is caught by him, he'll be as dead as a corpse.