The Star's Children

After what seems to be forever, Jake eventually finishes carving the symbol to conjure the Blood of the Fallen, wiping his pouring sweat.

"It's done!" Jake exclaims with relief, taking a step back to get a better look at the red-tinted carving, "Heesung! It's done!"

Heesung was captivated by Jake's remark, and when Sunghoon's onslaught caught him off guard, he hastily covered himself and prevented him from attacking him.

The detective trembles as he urges Jake to, "Go! Summon the Blood of the Fallen!" While holding against Leviathan's charge.

"Are you alright?!" Jake was worried about Heesung's current situation.

"Just go!" Heesung insists, parrying Sunghoon's continuous attacks. Despite the might of Leviathan's assaults, Lucifer holds himself upright to buy Jake some time.

Jake shudders while attempting to keep his demeanour , "Ah shit shit shit! Alright... all I have to do is keep the five points of the star lit up..." He is to chant the spell, and he must do it precisely. He raises his arms while firmly standing on the ground, twirling his fingers and murmuring a spell.

A spell capable of ending it all.

The ground's engraved outline illuminates in crimson, pebbles hovering off the ground, and sweat dripping from concentration, demonstrating the effectiveness of Jake's spell. The enchantment of The Blood of The Fallen is in effect. But then, he felt weak as if the entire oxygen in his body was taken out.

The outline's light faded right before him as he fell on his knees while gasping for air, unaware of why the spell is failing.

"Jake!"

'That voice...' Jake looks up to see Jungwon, Jay, and Riki gliding down with their wings out.

"Thank Father, you guys are here!" Jake was indeed happy to see his brothers.

"What's happening with the spell?" Jay wondered because he figured Jake would already be sustaining the spell.

"I... I have no idea." Jake admitted. His response made the three princes scrunch their faces.

Jungwon raises his concern, "Are you doing it wrong?"

"I don't know! Okay?! I thought I knew about this..." Jake started questioning his entire knowledge after one failure. He could've sworn he has done this already. After years of practicing dark magic, this is the last thing he'd expect to happen. Riki went up to him, grasping onto both of his shoulders.

"Jake, listen to me." Jake glances up at the tall teen, noticing Riki's flooding eyes, "This is for Sunoo... with his mortal blood, it can defeat Leviathan. Please, use this opportunity to communicate with his soul."

The thought of Sunoo's undeserving death reminded Jake the reason why he is here. The innocent lives taken by a foolish quarrel between brothers is something that Jake despises. It motivates him to try one more time. But in this attempt, it became clear to him.

"Five points of the star..." Jake utters out.

"What about it?" Jungwon questions Jake's random statement.

"I get it now! I was doing the spell wrong!" Jake came to a realization after finally reading into what the spell's chants mean.

"Okay? Well what is it?" Riki questions, leading Jake to answer with,

"We need five points to light up the star, we are the five points!"

"Huh?!"

"We have to form a star, each of us representing a point. All Heesung has to do now is lead Sunghoon to the middle and from there we can perform the spell." Jake elaborates further. He lets the others process the explanation before proceeding with their plan. And to no avail, they still didn't get it.