31. Family Meeting

Erika's POV 

"Unnie I'm going to do it" I blurted in the car on the way home from the studio. Aideen stole a glance at me before focusing her eyes on the road once again. 

"Are you sure about this? Did you think it through?" she fired questions at me as she drove. I exhaled deeply as I contemplated my decision. My heart was set. There was no changing my mind

"Unnie it has to happen tonight" I stood my ground. Aideen sighed and silently obliged. When we arrived at home I was quick to get out of the car and enter the house. I went straight to my room to shower in hopes that it would calm my nerves. 

The hot water loosened my tense muscles and relaxed my body but the thoughts in my mind ran at ten speed. My stomach did back flips the more I thought about what I was about to do. 

I returned my bedroom to get dressed. I brushed out my wet hair and the waves fell down my back. I regarded my appearance in the mirror and took a few deep breaths as my heart ran its marathon.

"Erika-ttal it's time for dinner" my dad called from the kitchen. I slowly opened my bedroom door and shuffled to the dining room where my sisters were laying food on the table. I followed them into the kitchen silently to help them finish setting the table. 

Once the family was gathered in the dining room, we sat down to eat. 

Light chatter filled the table but I couldn't really hear the words that were being said over the static in my head. The jumble of thoughts in my head provoked a headache to overcome me. 

"Erika" Hyejin's voice cut through the chaos in my mind. I looked up from my plate to see five pairs of concerned eyes on me. I cleared my throat before forcing a smile onto my face. 

"Are you okay? Do you feel sick?" my dad ran the back of his hand across my forehead. I shook my head. 

"I'm okay appa" I forced the smile onto my face again. My mother glanced at me briefly before returning to the previous conversation. I tried my best to carry myself as normal. Aideen's frequent concerned looks were making it more difficult than I had anticipated. 

When dinner finally ended, I helped Taeyang clear all the plates from the table to the kitchen. We rinsed the plates off before putting them into the dishwasher. 

"Yah, what's going on with you?" Taeyang whispered to me. I looked up at him and sighed before explaining what was happening to him. Without a word he pulled me into a hug. 

"It's going to be okay" he reassured me. A few of the nerves seemed to dissipate at his words. He released me and we finished packing the dishwasher. 

I shuffled into the living room and cleared my throat before speaking. 

"Family meeting" I announced. As if on cue my siblings filed into the living room and collapsed onto the comfortable couch in a disorganised heap. My dad was next to enter the living room, the sound of his slipper clad feet announcing his entrance. He sat down on his arm chair and regarded me carefully. My mother was the last to join us. She looked about ready for bed. Her curls were fixed in an unbothered bun and her eyes were tired. 

I looked to Aideen and Taeyang for support before speaking. They smiled reassuringly at me. 

"I have something to tell you all" I began. My mother looked at my father before looking back at me. Her look urged me to continue. 

"What's wrong Eri?" my father asked. The worry he felt was weaved into every word he spoke. I took a deep breath as my hands began to tremble slightly. 

Was I really about to do this?

"I'm in a relationship" I blurted. My mother gasped and a smile spread across her cheeks. 

"You have a boyfriend? What's his name? Is he Korean? How tall is he?" she began spit-balling questions at me. My siblings looked at her before looking back at me, heavily anticipating my next words. 

"No mom. I'm gay. I have a girlfriend" I explained. A tense silence came over the room as my words hung in the air. I looked at my father who just stared into the open air. 

"Appa say something please. Please say you still love me. Please" I begged him. He shifted his gaze towards me. 

"Oh Erika. I could never stop loving you" he finally spoke. His arms opened for a hug and I practically ran into them. He sat me in his lap and held me close to him as I began to cry. 

"Don't cry my precious cherry blossom. Neomu sarangheyo" he reassured me. I cried harder at his words. The previous emotions inside me forced their way out in the form of tears. He rubbed my back soothingly like he used to do when I was a child. 

"I accept you Erika. You are my daughter and I love you just as equally as all your siblings" he paused and I knew what he was about to say next. 

"You're my favourite though" he joked. I giggled as my siblings playfully argued with him over his words. I wiped my tears with the sleeve of my hoodie before pulling my dad into another big hug. 

"I can't believe it" my mother finally spoke. I looked over at her. Anger plagued her previously tired features as she looked at me with disgust. 

"You need to go to church to pray. This is against the bible" she continued. My father sighed and moved me off his lap before guiding my mother to the kitchen and closing the door. My siblings rushed to the open pass-through window but my father was quick to close it. 

It wasn't long before we heard muffled yelling from the other side of the door. 

"You're encouraging this shit Seo-Jun? This is against the bible!" 

"Kate please enough! You can't do this to your daughter!" 

"I will! She needs to know this isn't right!" 

Taeyang and Aideen entered the kitchen without an invite. Hyejin and I sat together on the living room floor as the yelling grew louder. 

"I'm so proud of you Erika" Hyejin smiled. I pulled her in for a hug and she squeezed me tight. The yelling continued in the kitchen as my two eldest siblings involved themselves in the fight. 

"You couldn't give two flying fucks about any of your children! You always fucking talk shit about us. Especially Aideen and I! We can never do right by you!" Taeyang yelled just as the kitchen door flew open. The house was dead silent and nobody dared to speak. 

"Church. First thing Sunday morning" my mother broke the silence. Aideen groaned and rolled her eyes. 

"You can get the fuck out. If you can't support your daughter, MY SISTER for who she is then you can leave and I don't give a shit where you end up" the malice in Aideen's voice cut through the air like a knife. She stormed out of the kitchen and came to collect Hyejin and I before making our way to her bedroom. 

We sat in silence for a few moments before Taeyang and our father came to join us. 

"Erika-ttal. I am proud of you. I accept you and I love you. Don't listen to a word your mother says" my dad spoke. His voice was slightly raspy from the argument. 

"But I still want to meet this girlfriend of yours" he continued. My eyes widened and my siblings stifled laughter beside me. 

"Formal dinner here at home. Tomorrow night. No exceptions" my dad instructed before leaving us alone in Aideen's bedroom. Aideen was the first to laugh, followed my Hyejin and finally Taeyang. 

"I hope you've been training your girlfriend or else you're fucked" 

A/N: 

So Erika came out!!!

How do we feel about Kate's reaction? 

What about the dinner that Erika's dad wants to have with Kina? Do you think it will go wrong?

Now I know I promised that this chapter would be out on Monday and it's Tuesday but I figured that if I update twice this week it'll make you feel better??

I'll try my best to update on Sunday for you BeeBees but until then, take care, drink water and eat well okay?

xoxo

Lily