7. The Older Sisters

Erika's POV

A few days had passed since the after party. With those days came hundreds of missed calls from both Aspen and Kina. I hadn't had the energy to speak to any of them after everything that had happened that night. 

I wasn't mad at Kina for what happened but after the way she literally swept me off my feet, I didn't know how I was going to talk to her without all the butterflies coming back.

My ankle had also healed quite nicely. It no longer hurt to walk and the swelling had gone down really well. All I wanted to do was run right back to the studio but my dad thought it wouldn't be wise to return so soon. 

The showcase was fast approaching and I felt more unprepared than ever. Normally by this time I would have an outfit ready and I would have practiced so hard that my muscles would hurt. Although there was nothing I could do about my lack of practice I did have a future fashion major for an older sister. 

"Erika we need to go before the stores get busy" Aideen suddenly appeared at my bedroom door. I sighed and reluctantly followed her out the door to the car. I eyed the car keys in her hand with a cheeky smile.

"Can I drive?" I tried to grab the keys from her. Aideen quickly moved the keys out of my reach and gave me a look similar to the one dad gives us when we've done something wrong.

"You are underage and you don't have a driver's licence" she deadpanned. I pouted and got into the passenger seat. Aideen started the car and drove off in the direction of the mall. I stared out the window at the beautiful blue ocean that formed the scenery of our drive. 

"So what style are you going for this time?" Aideen broke the silence between us. She stole a glance towards me briefly before refocusing her eyes on the road.

"I'm torn between girl crush and a swag concept" I explained. I could see Aideen's brain working as she pieced together the two concepts I gave her.

"I have something in mind. Think dark acadamia meets street style in a way" Aideen finally spoke as she pulled into the mall parking lot. Even if I couldn't see the vision I trusted Aideen. She inherited her passion for fashion from our grandmother. If anyone could piece together an amazing outfit it was Aideen.

As always we started off our shopping trip with a quick stop at the stationary store as per my request. Majority of the time I was here I never bought anything because everything was overpriced.

"We should start looking in here" Aideen dragged me into a cute clothing store as we walked past. She went into full on stylist mode and left me alone to browse the racks closest to me. I passed through countless white t-shirts with Ivy League university branding splashed on the front until my eyes caught sight of a gorgeous black dress. I took it off the rack and held the dress to my figure in the mirror.

"You should get that" Aideen nodded in approval. I raised an eyebrow at her and put the dress back on the rack deciding against getting it. Aideen rolled her eyes at me and began searching for the dress in my size.

"Every girl needs a simple black dress they look amazing on dinner dates. Besides you never know when you'll get a girlfriend" she shrugged. I nodded before her words registered correctly in my head. I gasped and stared at her in shock

"How did you-" I tried to speak but Aideen cut me off with a chuckle. She sent me a cheeky smile before explaining. 

"We've all known for a while now. I noticed first after you went bright red in the face at the mention of that girl from your private tutoring sessions. Hyejin figured it out a little while after me and Tae" she paused to pull the dress in my size off the rack. She handed me the dress and led me to the dressing room to try it on.