9. Chocolate Hater

Erika's POV

Today was the day of the showcase and I was feeling more nervous than usual because my whole Korean extended family was going to be there. My dances were sometimes on the provocative side and I was worried I'd end up giving my grandmother a heart attack.

I paced my room as I went through the steps of my choreography in my head. 

"Erika you're doing it again. It's three in the morning go to sleep" Hyejin yawned as she walked in to my room. 

I apologised and climbed into my bed. Hyejin closed the door and left me to stare at my celling wishing for sleep to come. 

Eventually it did but my mind was still active. A few hours later Taeyang burst noisily into my room. 

"Cherika wake up you have a studio to get to" he yelled. I groaned and covered my head with my pillow. 

"Nobody told you to stay up until three in the morning. That's on you" he said ripping the pillow from my clutches. I sat up and glared at him. He put my pillow on the floor and left my room. 

"You will pay for this" I yelled out the door. I got out of bed and sleepily made my way to the kitchen. 

"Eri we are going to be late. Go get ready you'll eat later" Hyejin said as I opened the fridge. I sighed and closed the fridge.

 Everyone was being unreasonably loud this morning. The house was bustling with chaos as everyone prepared for today's showcase. 

"Guys what's the big deal. It's literally just another showcase" I said. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me. 

"Erika. Showcases are usually really important to you what's the matter?" Aideen asked. Expectant eyes watched me. 

"I have to perform my duet with Aspen today okay. Now let me go about my morning in peace" I said storming off to my room. 

I closed the door and locked myself in my bathroom. I went through the motions of getting ready but my mind was not present. It kept wondering to Kina. 

I tried suppressing the thought of her but it was seemingly impossible. With everyone constantly talking about her it seemed like I was actually developing feelings for her. I brushed my teeth while looking in the mirror. 

I was still wrapped in a towel and very far from being even close to ready. I rinsed my mouth and swished the alcoholic mouthwash before spitting it in the sink. 

When I unlocked my bathroom door Aideen and Hyejin were sitting on my bed patiently. I motioned for them to speak as I went to my closet to get my clothes. 

"Listen Erika we're gonna need you to cut the bullshit. We know you've been thinking about a certain girl from your studio all morning. Our sister sense told us so don't even lie" Hyejin said. I dropped my bralette on the floor. Aideen and Hyejin shared a look of confirmation. 

"Sister sense what even is that? Look I don't have time to be thinking about Kina today. I have dances to worry about and I'm a choreographer now" I lied. Aideen rolled her eyes. 

"I call complete and utter bullshit" she said. I shook my head and pulled my bralette over my head. Hyejin got up and stood behind me as I looked in the mirror. 

"If you really want her to be thinking about you too we need to increase your appeal" she said. My jaw dropped. 

"Unnie she has a girlfriend" I said quickly.  Aideen and Hyejin groaned simultaneously.

"All we're doing is making sure she knows you're an option when they break up" Aideen said. I stayed silent.

"Do I have a choice?" I asked.