2. Family Evening

Erika's POV

Practice went without a hitch. Kina was turning out to be an incredible asset to the team. We finally managed to perfect the lift at the end of our group dance with the help of her surprising strength and she managed to add a certain flair to the way we danced as a team. 

It's safe to say I was impressed.

Kina was also much less intimidating than I thought she was. She was incredibly easy to talk to and got along extremely well with the boys. It was like she'd always been here. I enjoyed having her here as much as I hated to admit it.  

At the end of practice Aspen dragged me to our stretching corner so we could talk without having other people in our business. I took the time to fill him in on what had transpired in the house prior to me showing up for practice.

"Hold up so you think Elise and Taeyang broke up?" Aspen asked. I nodded and he silently celebrated. Aspen had been very involved with my family for a very long time and he was incredibly invested in Taeyang and Elise's turbulent relationship.

"The best part is that Aideen almost beat Elise's ass" I added. Aspen gasped and laughed a little too loud causing everyone to look at him. I giggled and shook my head as he apologised. 

"So you were talking about how you got sent some stuff from your grandma did you get the goods?" Aspen asked nudging me with his shoulder. He was referring to the chains that he has wanted ever since he saw me wear them on one of my skirts. I had promised that I'd ask my grandmother to send me another set.

"I haven't opened the boxes yet" I said. He groaned and rolled his eyes. Aspen was a lot of things but patient was not one of them.

"You have to open them tonight don't do the Erika thing of waiting a week to open something" he whined. Nobody liked how long it took me to open things. At first it was to test my willpower but then it became a habit that I haven't been able to shake.

"I do not wait a week to open everything. Maybe like three or four days max" I clarified. Aspen raised his eyebrows.

"Three or four days is a lot. Is it because you're still traumatised after I sent you that spider?" he teased. I gasped and slapped his shoulder. He jokingly rubbed the spot where my hand hit.

"First of all I'm not traumatised and second of all that was very mean of you to gift me that spider" I scolded. Aspen chuckled lightly to himself.  I wasn't laughing. As soon as I opened the box the spider crawled out and disappeared in my room. It took my older brother weeks to find it.

"You're such a baby" he continued to tease me. I furrowed my eyebrows and crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'm not a baby. I'm only a year and a half younger than you" I pouted. Aspen laughed harder at my reaction.

"See that makes you a baby" he chuckled. I sighed and turned away from him. He noticed my expression and blew me a kiss. I was about to protest but he spoke first

"So do you think your mother would kill you if she saw our dance?" he quickly changed the subject. I nodded quickly causing my hair to fly into my face. Aspen stifled laughter as I pushed my hair out of my face. 

My mother was not particularly fond of the idea that I did dance. The fact that I always partnered up with a person of the opposite sex worried her even more. It should be the least of her worries. There would never be anything going on between Aspen and I for many reasons. 

My sexuality being the biggest reason of all.

Once we had finished stretching Aspen got up from the floor. I reached my hand out for him to help me up but instead he picked me up and put me over his shoulder.