20. Broken Glass

A/N: Hi everyone, I have returned :D. I am sorry I disappeared for such a long while,  I lost my passion for writing after a few personal issues came up. I am hoping to finish this book by the end of the month because it has taken me so long T-T. Thank you for your patience. Enjoy the chapter

Erika's POV

From the moment I opened my eyes the next morning, I was on cloud 9. The smile Kina had brought out of me last night remained permanently etched onto my features as I graced my siblings with my presence.

"I take it last night went well?" Hyejin teased as soon as she caught sight of me. I giggled softly to myself as a rush of giddiness ran through my veins.

"It did" I replied dreamily. Taeyang groaned and rolled his eyes at my antics. 

"Does this mean that you guys are" he put his two fingers next to each other.  I nodded excitedly which caused Taeyang to groan again.

"I want to meet her." he crossed his arms over his chest and spoke sternly. I sighed deeply. I didn't want him to meet her so soon. Taeyang had a track history of scaring away all of my elder sisters' boyfriends away.

"Don't scare her away" I pleaded. 

"Erika if she decides to dip because of me then she's not meant for you" 

"Don't intentionally scare her away"

"Erika"

"Taeyang...oppa"

There was silence between us before Taeyang left the kitchen and returned to his bedroom. I looked at Hyejin pleadingly and she turned to follow Taeyang to his bedroom. 

"Don't be cruel Taeyang-oppa" I heard Hyejin try to reason with him but he refused to budge. Hyejin returned to the kitchen and shrugged. 

Just like that my smile was gone. 

"Tea?" Hyejin asked. 

"Please" I sighed. She boiled the kettle and made me a cup of flower tea. I thanked her and took a long sip from my mug.

"So tell me about last night I want all the details" Hyejin pressed. 

I recounted the date from the beginning, describing every detail from the walk down the boardwalk to the open mic and even the tattoo. I spared no detail for Hyejin who merely smiled at the smile that reappeared on my face. 

"How can you be involved with someone who hates mint chocolate" she teased. I giggled and drained the remaining tea from my cup. 

"Okay but I have a question" Hyejin started wearily.

"Are you going to come out to the whole family yet or are you just not going to at all?" she asked. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. The thought of coming out to my parents was enough to make my blood run cold.

"Well I was thinking about doing it when Aideen gets back in three weeks" I explained. Hyejin nodded. 

"No rush I was just wondering how we're referring to Kina when we're around our parents"  she said. 

I took my mug to the sink and stalked back to my bedroom. I decided to clean up to avoid getting scolded when my parents came home from grocery shopping. I played music on my phone while I tidied up various areas in my room and my bathroom 

I changed my bedsheets and made my bed nicely, making sure that every stuffed animal was comfortable on the array of pillows I had on my bed. I quickly vacuumed the floors and moped them with warm water before admiring my work.