8. The Drama

Kina's POV

As we drew closer to the studio my mind ran back to the events of the after party. The fight with Aspen had left a sour taste in my mouth that no amount of time had been able to dissolve. I knew that if he was at the studio today I would be ready to finish off what he started.

When we arrived at the studio I caught sight of Erika's dad's car already in the parking lot. Excitement re-entered my bloodstream and I was quick to get out the car. I just about ran into the studio to find Erika sitting on the floor with Aubree. 

"Kina welcome. So since all parties are present I will get on with the news" Aubree began. Erika and I looked at each other warily before refocusing our attention on Aubree as we awaited her next words. 

"Considering the quality of both of your performances lately I have made the decision to elect both of you as co-choreographers for our studio" Aubree announced. Erika's jaw dropped and excitement flickered in her eyes. 

"If you agree you are going to need these. They contain the team lists and everything that you might need to know to choreograph for our team. You're both going to be choreographing solos for both yourselves and any soloists that make the cut. As well as the group dances and possible subunits" Aubree explained. Erika flipped open her binder and studied the contents. I quickly flipped through the pages of my own binder before turning to Aubree. 

"This looks like a shit load of work. How long do we have until the next competition?" I asked. Aubree looked between Erika and I nervously.

"Two weeks" she admitted. Erika's eyes widened and she dropped her ring binder onto the floor. I kissed my social life goodbye as I mentally prepared myself to spend the next two weeks in this studio.

"Bree. Two weeks isn't a long time. How many dances do we have to have?" Erika asked, studying the team lists carefully. Aubree counted the number of performances we had to have on her fingers. 

When she passed three, Erika ran a hand through her hair and began to pace. I noticed how much better her ankle was doing and I felt a weight lift from my shoulders.

"Well seven dances in total but if you two already have solos choreographed for yourselves then you only need to choreograph five" Aubree tried to lighten the situation. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

Erika motioned for me to come over to the corner of the studio which she frequented with Aspen before and after practices. 

"What do you think?" she asked. Another sigh escaped from my lips and I shook my head. 

"Can you dance?" I motioned to her previously injured ankle. She nodded. 

"I can definitely dance" 

"So we start straight after the showcase?" 

"Maybe the day after New Years?" 

"Done" I reached my hand out to shake hers. Erika took my hand in hers and shook it. 

"Done" she smiled. We returned to where Aubree was waiting on the other side of the studio. Erika looked at me briefly before looking at Aubree. 

"We accept your offer" I broke the silence between the three of us. Aubree's shoulders relaxed and she clapped excitedly, pulling Erika and I in for a hug. 

"You two are going to be amazing" she squealed. Erika giggled as Aubree squeezed us tight before releasing us from the hug. We continued to talk strategies until Erika had to leave.

"I have to go my sister has another appointment" she said. We said our goodbyes and she was gone. Aubree then turned to me with a serious expression painted on her features. I already knew what was to come.