14. Broken Trust

Erika's POV

"Do you have to leave?" I asked Aideen as she continued to pack various articles of clothing into her suitcase. Tomorrow as the first day of school and my mind was swimming with thoughts. Thoughts of Aideen leaving for her internship in Paris. Thoughts of seeing Kina at school after all the time we had spent together through the December break. 

Aideen sat down on the bed and stroked my hair gently. I was gonna miss her more than anything. Aideen and I were the closest out of all our siblings.

"I'll only be gone for a little while Erika. I'll make time to call you everyday" she reassured. I sighed, opening my mouth to say something but being disturbed by my phone ringing beside me.

"It's the school" I said skeptically. Aideen motioned for me to answer and returned to her packing.

"Hi! May I speak to Erika Park?" The Head of Student Affairs asked on the other side of the phone. 

"This is she" I replied hesitantly. 

"We have recently been made aware of your achievements with dance and we would like to see you dance in the assembly tomorrow afternoon" he continued. I was silent for a few moments. 

"Okay I guess that's fine I suppose" I trailed off. 

"Great see you tomorrow fifteen minutes before school ends tomorrow" he finished before hanging up. 

"So?" Aideen questioned. 

"I have to dance in front of the whole school tomorrow" I groaned. Aideen squealed and clapped her hands in excitement. I could already see her formulating outfit ideas in her head.

"What are you gonna wear? What are you performing?" She asked excitedly. 

"I don't know. Maybe Dive Into You?" 

"And you could wear an outfit inspired by that set. Let me see I probably have something here. You should go practice" Aideen chased me out of her room and got to work on styling an outfit for me, abandoning her packing entirely.

I returned to my own bedroom to remind myself of the choreography and practice. I managed to run through the dance with ease despite it being a while since I learned the dance and the lack of space. 

I ran through the dance a few more times before deciding to sleep early. I prepared my things for school and got ready for bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell asleep.

When I woke up the next morning the sun was barely up and the house was quiet. I quietly got ready for school, taking the time to admire the outfit Aideen had picked out for me. 

Once I was ready I crept into the kitchen to eat breakfast. My dad was in the kitchen drinking his morning coffee and Aideen was packing my lunch for school. 

"Good morning" I greeted softly. My dad looked up from where he was reading the news on his phone and sent a nod in my direction. I could tell his coffee hadn't kicked in yet. Aideen on the other hand was already buzzing like an Energiser bunny.

"Morning Cherika" Aideen greeted cheerily as she fluttered around the kitchen, fixing me something to eat for breakfast. I sat down at the kitchen island as she sat a plate of fruit and some cereal in front of me.

"What did you pack?" I motioned to the lunchbox she was zipping up. Aideen placed the lunchbox in front of me and leaned against the kitchen counter. 

"Two kimbap wraps, chicken nuggets, a few little snacks, a mango juice and a bottle of water" she recounted.

"That's all?" 

"Erika that's a lot of food" Aideen rolled her eyes at me and pat me on the shoulder before setting to work on cleaning up the kitchen. I watched her as I finished off my breakfast savouring the last few moments of seeing her here before she left.