30. Principle's Office

Erika's POV

"Don't. Say. A word" I glared at Kina as she stared at me in awe. Her eyes trailed up and down my body which was now clad in the school's formal uniform instead of my own clothes.

"I wasn't going to say anything bad" she defended herself. She put her arm over my shoulder and placed a kiss on my temple.

"You look adorable but you look in everything anyways. Especially my hoodie" she teased. I rolled my eyes at her. We walked around campus together, taking in the air of the warm summer morning. It was some what calming to spend time alone with Kina.

I loved being around her.

"So your birthday is coming up soon" Kina broke the silence between us. I covered my face with my hands as a flush traveled across my cheeks. 

"You remembered?" I gushed. She chuckled and placed a kiss on my temple gently.

"How could I forget" she teased. The bell rang signalling that our walk was over and it was time to get to class. Kina looked at me deviously before sweeping me off my feet and carrying me to my first class. 

"We have arrived my dear princess" Kina paused to place a kiss on my lips before setting me down on the ground.

"I will see you later so we can go to the studio. You'll get to experience my driving for the first time" she said with a wink. My eyes widened.

"Kina if we die today I'll never let you have peace" I warned. She chuckled and tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

"I wouldn't have it any other way baby"

With those words she was gone. Hopefully to her first lesson. When I entered the classroom Maya was ready to attack me for not hanging out with her this morning.

"Do you want to get coffee at lunch?" I suggested before she could get a word in. She thought for a few moments before nodding quickly.

"You really know the way to my heart Miss Erika Park" she smiled. I rolled my eyes and sat down at my desk. I realised I didn't have any of my books with me at this present moment. I rested my head on my desk and sighed deeply.

I heard the teacher enter the classroom and set his stuff onto the table. Maya nudged me with her elbow and I sat up just in time to see what the teacher had written on the board.

"Today we will be covering the Korean War. Please pay attention as this will be in your final exam" the teacher explained. He opened his book before turning to the class.

"Now who of you know anything about the Korean war?" he asked. Everyone looked at me and I wanted to dissolve into a puddle.

"Anybody?" he begged the class for answers. I didn't want to answer any questions. My family had loads of stories about that war and how it affected the family. I remember being sad when I heard all the stories growing up.

"Get Erika to answer. She's Korean" one of the boys in class spoke. I glared in his direction as I tried my best to become invisible.

"That's racially motivated you asshole" Maya defended me. I put my hand on her shoulder and signalled for her to stop. I raised my hand and the teacher motioned for me to speak.

"The Korean war started in 1950 when North Korea invaded South Korea after a lot of rebellions and clashes broke out along the boarder of the two regions. The war went on for three years and the impact left a scar on many Korean families to this day" I answered. My teacher looked at me in fascination.

"Would you like to share any family stories if you have any?" he pried. I blinked rapidly before speaking.

"Well there are quite a lot of stories sir I don't know" I trailed off. Maya held my hand under the table reassuringly. I took a deep breath and recounted the story of my grandmother's eldest sister who fell in love with a soldier from the North.