10. Truce

Kina's POV

"Kina you're up first then it's the group dance" Aubree said as she walked through the dressing room door. Erika and I got up from where we were sitting and followed her to the wings. 

"You're gonna do great. Just breathe" Erika said. I nodded and took a few deep breaths. 

"Welcome everyone to our 10th annual end of season showcase" Aubree started. The crowd cheered and clapped. 

Erika peeked through the black curtains to see how full it was. She gasped and stepped back. 

"What is it?" I asked. 

"Don't panic but it's a full house" she breathed. The nerves set in once again. 

"You know what just go up there and pretend that it's not a full house" Erika said. I nodded and tried to calm my racing heart. 

"Without further ado please welcome our first soloist Kina Song" Aubree announced before walking off stage. 

The room went dark as I walked on stage. The music started and the lights slowly came on. I performed the choreography the exact same way Erika had told me to on the day of the competition.

 When I finished the dance the crowd went wild. I ran off stage as Aubree came back on. 

"Well done Kina that was amazing" Erika said. She handed me a cold bottle of water. 

I accepted it gratefully and let the icy liquid flow down my throat. Aspen walked over to us. I felt my body tense up. Erika's body language changed and she stood in front of Aspen and I. 

"Listen you two. I don't give a shit about what happened at the after party. If you two drop me today I will kill both of you with my bare hands. Are we clear?" she hissed. Her tone scared me so much so that I could only nod. 

"Crystal" Aspen replied. Erika nodded. 

"I'm very proud to welcome to the stage the winning team for this season" Aubree announced. We all walked onto stage and got into position. 

The intro for Dionysus flowed through the speakers we ran through the choreography with as much energy if not more than ever before. Before the finale Erika sent a warning look to Aspen and I. 

"Don't fuck up" I hissed to Aspen. He glared at me. Erika looked back once again for the signal. Aspen and I nodded and she jumped back into our arms. 

We caught her and balanced her on our shoulders. I heard Erika breathe a sigh of relief. Everything went blurry as the crowd screamed. 

Erika's weight shifted to Aspen's shoulder and she fell into my arms. I steadied her on the ground and we all walked off stage. 

When we were out of view of the audience Erika smiled and clapped excitedly. 

"I'm so proud of both of you" she chimed. She hugged Aspen and he rested his head on top of hers. She came to me next. 

"Is it okay if I-" I pulled her in for a hug. 

"You don't need to ask. It's okay to hug me" I chuckled. Erika giggled into my chest. I released her and she cleared her throat before a serious expression came over her face. 

"Aspen. Kina. We are a team. So this beef that you guys have going on is not going to fly with me or the rest of the team. If you two can't get along then we're going back to the team building camp. Aspen you know exactly which one I'm talking about" she said. Aspen sighed. 

"Fine" he said. 

"Who started the fight?" Erika asked. 

"Aspen" I replied.