4. Polar Opposite Christmas

Erika's POV

In the early hours of the morning, I could hear shuffling outside the bedroom door. The shuffling was accompanied by the hushed voices of my older siblings. I turned over and tried my best to ignore them. 

The door flew open and my siblings rushed into my room. They piled on top of me, slightly cutting off my air supply. I groaned and tried my best to push them off to no avail.

"Erika get up it's Christmas" my brother Taeyang whisper shouted from on top of me. I tried again to push them off but this time they shifted their weight making it harder to move.

"How do you expect me to get up if you're all on top of me" I whined. They eventually got off me and stood around my bed watching me fall back asleep. Aideen ripped the covers off me and put them on the floor.

"Why do you do this to me" I groaned. Aideen sat down on the bed and rubbed my head gently. 

"You need to shower and start getting ready" Aideen said softly. I groaned and wrapped my arms around Aideen's neck. 

"Carry me" my voice was slightly raspy from sleep. Aideen scoffed and rolled her eyes. She rubbed my back gently. 

"Erika the last time I was able to pick you up was when you were five" she stated. I whined and reluctantly released her before getting out of bed and shuffling to my bathroom, locking the door behind me. 

I turned the shower to its hottest setting before stepping inside. My siblings said I was crazy to shower with water this hot but I could really care less. I decided to wash and condition my hair because it was Christmas and I didn't want to have greasy hair in all the photos my dad was going to take today.

Once I was finished in the shower I shut off the water and wrapped myself in a towel. I regarded my appearance in the mirror before getting started on my styling my hair. I finished fairly quickly and returned to my now empty bedroom. I found my bed already made for me probably courtesy of Aideen.

I got dressed in casual ripped jeans and a t-shirt before I lay back down on my bed. There was a soft knock on the door followed by Hyejin entering before I could answer. She placed a plate of chocolate cookies and a cup of milky coffee on my vanity.

"I brought breakfast" She smiled. My siblings started the tradition of waking up before our parents and having unconventional breakfast after our parents had a huge fight on Christmas morning when I was five. Their fight ruined my day and my siblings hated seeing me so upset.

"Thank you" I pulled her in for a tight hug. She rolled her eyes at my childish antics and attempted to push me off.

"Okay okay. You're gonna crease my dress" She chuckled. I released her and grabbed a cookie from the plate. Hyejin left to go finish getting ready. I took the time to enjoy the final fleeting moments of the early morning without my parents. 

Kina's POV

"Kina wake your ass up it's Christmas" Zara said as she barged into my room. I groaned and threw a few pillows in her direction. Zara retreated back down the hall to her room. I checked the time on my phone.

06:30am

I got up out of bed and immediately called Amelia as always. She answered within the first few rings.

"Good morning my love" I heard Amelia's already wide awake voice say through the phone.

"Morning" I replied, my voice still raspy from sleep.

"Good lord Kina what have I told you about the morning voice. Holy fuck" Amelia groaned. I chuckled as I sat back down on my bed. Sometimes I called her early in the morning when I had just woken up because she always told me how my morning voice gave her butterflies.