27. Comfort

Kina's POV

I sat on the studio floor staring at myself in the studio mirrors. I replayed the argument I had with my mother in my head, allowing it to mull in my head.

"Are you okay?" I heard Aubree's voice ring through the empty studio. I turned in the direction of the voice as Aubree approached me slowly. I shrugged, not wanting to get into it. Aubree sat down next to and placed her hand on my shoulder comfortingly.

"I don't think I'm okay" I answered truthfully. Aubree looked at me sympathetically and squeezed my shoulder reassuringly.

"Maybe you should go home" she suggested.

"Home is the last place I want to be right now. Trust me" I sighed. Aubree nodded in understanding before leaving me alone. I ran a hand through my hair before laying down on the floor and letting my thoughts consume me once again. 

"Surprise" Erika's face appeared over mine. A wave of happiness rushed through my veins at the sight of her. Erika's eyes filled with concern as she sat down next to me. I sat up and pulled her in for a tight hug.

"What's wrong?" she asked softly as she rubbed my back soothingly. I felt all the worries leave my body. I pulled away slightly and gently kissed her forehead.

"You have no idea how happy I am that you're here" I whispered into her hair. She placed a kiss on my arm before rubbing it soothingly.

"I'll always be here for you" her voice was like silk and provided instant comfort to my heart. We sat in silence for a while as both of us savoured the moment together. I contemplated telling her everything that weighed heavy on my heart but I was afraid she would look at me differently if she knew the problems that plagued my life.

"Do you want to get out of here? I have a place that really helps me calm down when I have a lot on my mind" Erika suggested as if she had read my thoughts. I released her and she got up before reaching her hand out to help me up. I watched as she crossed the studio to talk to Aubree.

"Aubree says we're free to go as long as we pick up an extra practice to make up for the time we lost today" Erika explained as she neared closer to me. I pulled her into me and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"I'm grounded. I probably won't be allowed to go anywhere" I explained. Erika chuckled to herself before looking up at me.

"My love I have been grounded many many times. Just tell your mom we're having a late practice and you're gonna stay over at mine tonight" her eyes sparkled with mischief as she said these words. I pulled out my phone to send my mom a message. I would have phoned but I wasn't in the mood for talking to her.

Erika pulled me out of the studio and into the evening air. I looked up into the sky and allowed the fresh air to fill my lungs.

"Do you want to walk or do you want to run?" Erika's eyes sparkled with mischief as she lead me through the field behind the studio. I shrugged which caused her to take off running ahead of me. I rolled my eyes and followed after her.

"Do you even know where we're going?" I questioned as Erika appeared to be running in no particular direction.

"Trust me I've been through this field multiple times" she reassured me as she pulled me down a hill that seemed to come out of nowhere. We ran for a couple more minutes until we reached a main road. Erika stopped for us to catch our breaths before we walked the remaining way until we reached a place that was set up similarly to the boardwalk minus the beach.

"Welcome to K-Town also known as a home away from home for Korean nationals" Erika smiled excitedly. She pulled me through the various stores until we reached the town's centre. I watched as Erika's smile grew at the sight in front of her.