16. Dreaming

Kina's POV

"Kina promise you'll catch me" Erika begged. I chuckled and reached my arms out, motioning for her to jump.

"Erika you're not going to fall but if you do I promise you I'll catch you" I promised. Erika took a deep breath and and swung on the rope over the lake. She screamed as she swung back and forth between the bank and the water. 

"Erika do you trust me?" I asked her. Erika reached the bank again and set her feet on the ground. 

"Kina are you sure you'll catch me?" she cried. 

"Erika do you trust me?" 

"I trust you" 

"Then let go" 

 Erika took a deep breath and swung on the rope once again. She screamed as she let go of the rope and let her body fall into the water. I quickly brought her into my arms and hold her close to me.

"Didn't I promise that I'd catch you?" I murmured against her forehead. I brushed her wet hair out of her face and placed a soft kiss on her lips. She deepened, wrapping her legs around my waist and running her fingers through my hair.

I ran my hands up and down the curves of her hips, letting my hands explore the map of her waist. I let my lips travel down Erika's neck, leaving soft kisses down to her collarbone.

"Kina" she moaned. I placed my lips back onto hers. 

"You're so beautiful Erika" I whispered in her ear. 

I woke up with a start, my heart racing against my chest. It was still dark outside. I ran a hand through my messy hair and sat up in bed, trying to piece together whatever that just was.

"What the fuck was that?" I whispered to myself, running another hand through my hair. The dream replayed itself in my head. 

Did I just have sex with Erika?

I stared at the digital clock on the wall across from me. 

04:44

I sighed and lay back down in attempts to savour the last hour and twenty minutes I had left of sleep.

When I awoke again the sun was out and the birds were already on their bullshit. I tried to suppress the thoughts about the dream I had about Erika, while I got ready for school. I dragged myself downstairs and into the kitchen only to be greeted with a smug look from my older sister. 

"Someone had an interesting dream last night" Zara spoke from her cup of coffee. I glared at her as I poured myself a cup of coffee. 

How the fuck does she know?

"Shut the fuck up" I glared at her, taking a sip from my coffee. Zara took another sip from her coffee as my reaction confirmed her suspicions.

"Language Kina and besides I am interested to know what this dream was about" my mom teased. I sent a warning look in Zara's direction. I didn't know what she knew or how but I didn't want her telling my mother what she knew.

"Well your little girl was dreaming about Erika" Zara teased. I groaned and covered my ears. My mother raised an eyebrow at me. 

"Stop it" I whined as my mother and sister continued to tease me.  

"So is it Erika now instead of Amelia?" my mom questioned.

"No. Yes.  Maybe. I have no clue" 

"What do you think brought on the dream because if you're dreaming of her you must have feelings for her" Zara chimed in. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. Images of Erika and I's kiss flashed in my mind.