5. Two

Erika's POV

"Erika you need to wake up we have to get you to the studio so you can practice before the competition" my dad said softly. When I didn't respond he shook me gently. I groaned before I roused from sleep. My dad told me to be ready in 15 minutes before leaving me alone in my room.

I jumped out of bed and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked terrible but that could easily be fixed with a quick shower and a hairbrush. When I was showered and my hair was looking less bushy I quickly got dressed in my usual practice outfit.

 I packed my multiple outfit changes for the day into my dance bag. I grabbed my ready made makeup bag, throwing it into my bag before zipping it closed. When I was finished preparing everything, I waltzed into the kitchen to grab a few snacks.

"Erika are you ready?" My dad asked walking into the kitchen. I nodded, stuffing the snacks into my bag.

"Alright let's go" he said ushering me out the door. I put on my usual grey Nikes for practice before running off to the car. We arrived at the studio in record time and as usual because of my Korean father I was the first one here. 

Or so it seemed.

"It doesn't matter if you're alone just go practice. I'll see you later at the show" he reassured me. I waved goodbye as he drove away before turning to walk inside the studio. Kina was already inside practicing her solo.

"Good morning" I greeted cheerily as I put my bag down next to hers. She smiled at me and waved politely.

"Morning. Did your parents also force you to come in this early?" She asked. I nodded chuckling lightly. I put my headphones in and took my time with my warm up and stretch. When I was warmed up I jumped into practicing my part in the duet I was doing with Aspen. Kina sat back against the mirrors watching me carefully. 

"How many dances are you doing today?" I asked her when I finally took a break from rehearsing. 

"Two. Solo and group dance" She answered. I nodded and took a sip from my bottle of water as an awkward silence fell over us. 

"How many dances are you doing" Kina finally asked.

"Three. Solo, group dance and duet" I replied. She nodded and stared at the floor awkwardly. I was about to put my headphones back in when she spoke again.

"Do you want to show me your solo?" She asked. I contemplated showing her my solo that nobody but Aubree had seen. I was incredibly secretive with my solos especially when I choreographed them myself.

"I kinda want it to be a surprise" I explained. 

"Gotcha" She chuckled lightly. She stared at the ceiling as if she was contemplating her next words carefully.

"Can I ask you a favour?" She blurted. I nodded and stared at her expectantly.

"Can you watch my dance and tell me if I need to change anything?"

"Of course" I said sitting down on the floor in front of her. She did her dance for me and when she was done I sat in silence for a bit. I replayed the solo in my head to come up with a verdict.

"Now you're starting to scare me" Kina's facial expression fell. I looked at her briefly before speaking.

"Well to start your dance is amazing and I'm afraid you'll steal my title as the studio's top soloist" I teased. Her facial features lit up and she chuckled. 

"The only thing I would change is the ending. It doesn't really match the rest of the choreography. The rest is really sensual and sexy but the way you chose to end the dance is anti-climatic" I explained. Kina raised an eyebrow at me and scratched the nape of her neck.