29. Panic Attack

Kina's POV

"So what really happened last night?" Gale questioned when we reached our first lesson of the day. I couldn't fight the smile that crept its way onto my face. Gale and Cassie looked at each other before looking back at me.

"Don't look at me like that. We just went on a date that's all" I pulled their minds from the gutter. They looked at each other again.

"Yeah you totally just went on a date and then you went to her house and slept in her bed" Cassie wiggled her eyebrows at me. I covered my face with my hands as I felt it heat up.

"Stop" I scolded them. They continued to laugh at the expense of my dignity.

"Okay but lets be real here. What was your argument about this morning? You usually agree with everything Erika says" Cassie poked. I rolled my eyes at her.

"We have a competition this week and I really want to slow things down with my duet with her. I want to combine our talent of presenting sex appeal in our solos" I confessed. Cassie's eyes widened.

"Why are you doing all this again? Like I get the slow things down and sex appeal but why?" Cassie raised an eyebrow at me. 

"I also want to know because something isn't adding up here" Gale chuckled. I rolled my eyes. My friends could always read me like an open book. I definitely had ulterior motives to my suggestion.

"You remember Aspen right?" I began. Gale and Cassie groaned simultaneously.

"The one who's obsessed with Erika right? The one who has your dad's surname?" Gale refreshed his memory. I winced at the second question. My dad had always been a sensitive topic. I refused to speak about his death or his existence for that matter. It always brought me too much pain.

"That's the one. Well he looks at Erika a little too lovingly for my liking" I confessed. Cassie nodded before bursting out in laugher. Gale joined in on the laughter. I mentally face palmed at their childish behaviour.

"Jealousy makes you crazy Kina" Gale commented once he and Cassie had stopped laughing. Cassie high-fived him.

"How do we get tickets to every studio session where you, Erika and Aspen have to interact?" Cassie teased. I pushed her playfully and she fell into Gale.

"The three of you in the back. Stop talking and do your work" our substitute teacher scolded us. We turned back to our work and spent the rest of the lesson in silence.

Time seemed to drag at snails pace today and I thought the school day would never end. When the final bell rang, everyone in my English class quickly packed their bags and made their way to the door.

"Students sit back down! The bell doesn't dismiss you, I do!" Mrs Pine, our English teacher yelled after us.

"Attention to all students. Please go to the auditorium. NOW!" an announcement sounded over the school P.A system There was an audible groan through the hallways as everyone put their stuff back into their lockers. People quickly piled into the auditorium and sat down to avoid getting in trouble.

Naturally Gale, Cassie and I sat together as we awaited what would happen here. The principle walked out onto the stage with the vice principle and the head of the PTA.

"Good afternoon students" The principle greeted us.

"Afternoon Sir" the whole auditorium responded. I looked at my friends who looked back in equal confusion.

"I heard they were bringing back the random drug tests and the random searches" Gale whispered to us. Cassie gasped and looked at me.

"Please tell me you don't have any of it on you" she whispered. I put my hand on her shoulder reassuringly.