ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 41

You stare at the folded up paper.

"What is it?" You asked, hesitating to grab it from him.

"It was the poem I was suppose to read for the competition, but I decided to withdraw."

Your mouth opens wide as your eyebrows furrow.

"Why?" You asked, taking the paper out of Yoongis hands gently.

"Because, I want you to win!"

You give Yoongi a defeated sigh, "I'm not going to win !" You said unfolding the paper.

Your eyes widened when you read the first line.

"Dear Y/N!"

You look up at Yoongi with shock.

"Wait! You were going to read it like this?"

You turn the paper towards him and point at the first line.

He nods his head, "yeah, this poems for you!"

You read it in your head, with the feeling of your heart twisting in knots.

"Forgive me if I stumble and fall. For I know not how to love too well. I am clumsy and my words do not form as I wish, so let me kiss you instead, and let my lips paint for you all the pictures that my clumsy heart cannot. When I saw you, I fell in love. You were beautiful and rare and I was entranced by you. You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known and even that is an understatement. Of all the things I can do on this earth, I just want to build a bridge from my heart to yours. I may never find words beautiful enough to describe all that you mean to me, but I will spend the rest of my life searching for them. You might not have been my first, but you were the love that made all the other loves irrelevant. It's you! Because no one else makes sense."

**Collection of poems from unknown authors**

written on the bottom of the paper was Yoongis name.

You look up at him with watery eyes. Sniffing trying to hold them back.

"You could have won with this!" You said, with a quivering voice as tears run down your face.

Yoongi chuckles, kneeling down on the ground in front of you and wiping your tears.

He caresses your cheek, giving you a sad side smile.

You look into his eyes grabbing his wrist and holding his hand more tighter, as his enter palm rests on your cheek. You close your eyes as you leaned more into his palm.

"God..." Yoongi whispered.

"What?" You said lightly.

"I love you so much!"

You look at him with a sad smile, tears filling your eyes again.

"What would Hana have said if she heard your poem?"

Yoongi sighs, closing his eyes thinking about her.

"She didn't want to come. She thinks all of this is stupid. She doesn't like literature or writing or anything like this."

You sighed, staring down at his poem.

"Thank you Yoongi."

Yoongi folds the poem you gave him and places it inside of his jacket.

You fold the poem he gave you as well, placing it in the back pocket of your jeans.

...