|65| Staying away...

Start bij het begin

Here Swati, after hearing Mrs. Malhotra's words she doesn't have the will to deny her because she too started blaming herself for his present situation. But little did she know it was all the outcome of jealousy of some other person. She started walking lifeless, that little hope she had in herself too died.

Mr Malhotra who was talking with the police inspector saw her and excused himself from them and walked towards her. He called her but she didn't stop because she's not in her senses. She doesn't know what's happening around her. All she knows is that it's because of her that Adii is fighting for life inside the operation theatre.

Mr Malhotra held her by her arms and said,"Don't worry, he'll be fine. Doctors are checking him....he will be back again in the same goofy...." She freed herself and started walking out of the hospital.

Mr. Malhotra didn't understand what just happened. He went towards his family members and got to know about the situation through his brother.

"This is not done. You should've consoled her but no, you have to say those mean words to her. She's going through the same thing even more than what you can even think. This is so not you Anita." He said to his wife who's feeling guilty after hearing his words. He took out his phone and called someone asking them to keep a check on Swati.

He too hadn't expected something like this to happen with his son. Where he's thinking to celebrate his victory over the project and here he's been taking care of his accident case. Unexpected situations test your patience and losing his calm is not what Mr Malhotra knew.

Swati's POV ;

I entered our place which isn't ours anymore and a gush of familiar air passed by me making me flinch. I directly went to our room and plopped on the bed crying my heart out. My eyes are tired witnessing all these miserable things happening to me. My head hurts, my heart feels heavy and the grief of losing him is eating me from inside. Nothing feels right because the sunshine I was holding on to is not here by my side. I don't have the will to live now.

..................

I woke up holding my head which feels like someone has kept a tonnes of weight over it. I don't know when I fell asleep. I sat upright and looked around myself. I glanced at his photo frame kept on the table and my eyes turned glassy. All I did was to pray for his speedy recovery. I didn't even get to see him. It's good because if I would have, I don't how I would have controlled myself from collapsing.

I got up and went towards the bathroom. I stood under the shower and didn't know when my tears too accompanied the water. I managed to clean myself up and went out to the closet wearing a bathrobe. I stood in front of the vanity and looked at my broken self. I stared at myself and a few tears rolled down from my cheek. I seriously don't want to leave anymore.

I got dressed and packed some of our clothes along with some of our photos together. I exited our room after glancing at it for the last time and headed towards the living room to find bhaii in the kitchen preparing something. More than getting hurt by others, I'm hurt by my own brother.

How can he even think of harming someone he barely knows.

"You woke up. Come eat some food, it's been almost 24 hours you've not eaten anything plus I've some awesome news to share with you." He said with a smile and I'm shocked. How can he act so cool?

"Stop pretending as if you don't know anything ?" I screamed at him and he looked at me in oblivion.

"And there's nothing good in my life from the moment you've returned." I spat looking at him and a glint of hurt was visible in his face.