|12| Try all those things with me 🙂

Chapter Twelve

"That kiss was full of words I didn't need to say."

Swati's POV :

"Marry Me."

The last chunks of ice cream got stuck in my throat and I coughed so badly. I guess I heard something wrong.

He patted my back slowly and said,"What are you, five ? Can't you eat slowly."

I calmed myself, and asked,"Pardon. Will you please repeat what you said?"

"What, the scolding." He asked.

"Naah, before that. Did you say "Marry Me'' or, I heard something wrong." I asked.

"I said that." He replied.

"What ?" I asked slowly.

"Marry Me." He repeated. I looked at him shocked. Did he hit his head somewhere or what?

I went close to him & sniffed him to check if he's drunk or not.

"You aren't drunk, why are you speaking nonsense?" I asked.

He just smiled at my stupid stunt of sniffing him. What a way to embarrass yourself Swati.

"I'm serious." He said with a heavy voice.

"You are asking this even after knowing the fact that I love you." I asked.

"Yes, that's the main reason." He said.

"Tell me, How is it ?" I asked.

"Yaarr, you know everything about me from my likes to dislike, you even know that I don't believe in love & the only girl I'm close to besides mom and Pri di is you, so when I have you why the hell I would spend the rest of my life with some unknown girl and moreover it will take time to know a new person & you are more compatible with me than any other can be, aren't you ?" He explained.

"So what, why can't you just go and date some girls huhh, maybe you will find someone better than me." I replied.

"Whatever, it's the same thing, we will stay like this as best friends forever. So it's better, you are better for me !"

"It means you are using my love as an escape plan from the marriage scandal while you are actually planning to tie me with you for a lifetime. How genius of you !" I know how I'm controlling my anger while saying this.

"Umm, sadly yes coz I can't afford to lose you and I know I'm a genius, you need not to remind me." He replied thinking it's cool.

"Adi.. it's the marriage you are asking about. Do you even hear yourself? I mean it's not an easy thing. It comes with so many responsibilities, I agree that marriage requires friendship and understanding but only because we are best friends doesn't mean we will get married." I replied.

"Why can't we haan? Today mom said, it's high time, we both are 27 and it's the right age to get married and she even said that I should maintain a distance from you because my future wife & your future husband won't like this close friendship and it will affect our relationship." He explained.