|39| Seeking your forgiveness 🥺

Chapter Thirty Nine

"If you can't laugh in bed with someone, you've probably picked the wrong someone."

Swati's POV ;

Last night went well.. I mean pretty well. We didn't go further and I'm glad he stopped himself. Now I don't know who this secret admirer of mine had sent this gift to me. I hardly know 10-15 people in my life. I was just inspecting the gift when Adi said,"Who is this secret admirer, you never told me about it."

"How would I know who all admire me secretly ?" I too replied and sat on the sofa beside him.

"Open the gift. Maybe we'll get to know about the person." He said without taking any interest, typing something on his laptop.

"Are you mad at me or are you doubting me ?" I asked him.

"You nuts, or what ? Why would I doubt you? You're pretty, anybody can admire you, what's the problem in that? Now open the gift quickly." He said and kept his laptop aside.

I inheartedly ripped the wrapping gift to find a frame kinda box. I looked towards him who's smiling at me. At a moment he's not taking any interest now grinning like an idiot. He had done something, I'm getting the feeling he's behind all this. Without thinking twice I opened the box from one side and slowly took out what's inside it.

It was indeed a frame, but I opened it from the back side. I threw the box and turned the frame only to gasp.

I stared at him shocked, he was grinning cheekily. I had a feeling he had something to do with the gift and yess this manh, just made a portrait of me while reading a book. It's overwhelming. I caressed the frame, it has something engraved below.

I read it,

"You know I love you, but before that I used to admire you that too secretly."

With love
Your hotstuff !

I looked up to him to find him staring at me. "How's it ?" He asked, grinning.

" You can be a fine artist. You should try, you know." I said to him admiring the portrait.

"God, will you stop thinking about me & say you liked it or not." He asked, getting irritated.

"It's beautiful Adi, I loved it. But when did you make it and what's the need of it ?" I asked him.

"This was the gift I wanted to give you yesterday, due to some reasons it wasn't delivered yesterday. I made it long ago, remember when I asked you to look at me while you're reading a novel." He said while placing the frame on the nail in the wall in front of the sofa.

He came towards me and sat beside me. "I tried to make your face but then I didn't want to ruin your beautiful one. Next time I'll ruin it acchese." He said laughingly. I hit him with a cushion to which he made a face.

"Thank You Adii." I said to him while scooting closer hugging him. We stared at the portrait for some time sitting together.