Tonsil hockey and 180 degrees

Mayara pov

I reached the bottom of the stairs when I heard his voice again.

"Is this note important?" he said, waving it in his arms and turning it over.

I snatched it from him and hesitated on my reply.

"It's some bills, don't worry"

He paused and eyed me carefully, then grinned and collected me in his arms.

"Ok then"

We piled into his car and he dropped me at the back of the photography studio, where I had some shots left to edit from their previous training sessions.

With a quick kiss he caught up with the other players, falling out of their expensive cars in the car park.

I blew rafa a kiss and saw Neymar walking slowly behind him, he gave me a slight wave, keeping his head down and falling in step with the other boys.

I set off in the direction of the opposing building but Luana attacked me with a hug from behind.

"No we're watching their training today"

"I've got so much-"

"Work? Elena's done your editing, you can finish your article from the field"

She smiled the widest smile I'd ever seen on her face and raced to catch up with Marc.

~

I ran after her but slowed down within a minute because I definitely wasn't the athletic type.

Neymar was straggling at the back and found me.

"Look who's bunking work" neymar smirked.

"It's not bunking, when you've finished your work"

"Or are you here for another reason"

He walked away from me, winking.

I was confused by his statement and the juxtaposition from his 'lets move on' note and the 'I'm an asswhore wink'.

Lu was rolling around on a patch of grass, kissing Marc. Everyone changed their route to accommodate their display on the floor, but I stepped over them.

"Lu, when you've finished playing tonsil hockey, maybe you'll let Marc train", something had made her really happy because they didn't stop, "and breath."

She got up and detached her lips from his. I smirked at her and she blushed bright crimson.

"Let's go" she said, giving Marc a wink and brushing the grass off his kit.

She tugged on my arm and we picked our way through the empty seats, spare some coaches and Barca B, to sit in the front row.

Great, even easier to get a ball in the face.

~

I swiped all my notes from my bag and made a start on my articles for their next website update.

Luana had pretty much shown a middle finger to her work and used her binder as a booster seat on her plastic chair, to get a clearer view of her beloved Marc.

The boys were doing laps of the field and had paired up to stretch, Marc with neymar, dani with munir, rafinha with Adriano and the others in various matches.

They stretched out their legs for their partners to hold, I guess to engage their thigh muscles but it all looked like yoga to me.

Neymar had taken his task one step further and grabbed Marc's leg, lifting it to the height of his ear and, making sure it was straight at the knee, tugged it to be 180 degrees to his body.

Marc squealed and tried to maintain his balance by jumping around on his standing leg but toppled to the ground under the strain of the stretch.

Luana cursed under her breath and bit her lip watching him squirm, clutching his calf, with Neymar laughing above him.

I laughed too and neymar glanced over at me, winking, again. I must've blushed because Luana gave me a snide look, taunting me.

~

They played small matches and worked on shooting, passing and the goalies did some work on penalties but i wasn't paying much attention, other than the infrequent times Luana would make me get out my camera and snap some shots of them, remembering we were here to work.

Rafinha was fully absorbed in the training session and I was at least pretending to be absorbed in my own work. Every now and then we'd catch each other's eye and smile, and every time it sent the same jitters down my spine, his Hollywood teeth gleaming.

~

Comment and vote please, thanks you so so so much for reading?

How are you enjoying it / hating every sentence so far? Xxx