Wheels and tiptoes

Mayara pov

The light began to fade as his car curved onto my street. His silver wheels clunked down the stone driveway.

We'd said very few words the entire journey, though on countless occasions I saw him glance at me and turn away as soon as our eyes were affixed.

I looked out of the window and let the breeze talk to me, it brushed against my face and stirred my hair into dancing tendrils that threatened to cloud my vision.

I brushed my hair into a loose ponytail to battle the wind and gathered my hands in my lap, staring pensively at my chipping fingernails.

There were ample words and questions at my disposal that could easily have fitted the moment but not one was willing to leave my lips.

The car stopped. I jolted in my seat.

I took my things and clambered out of the heavy door frame.

Rafinha was waiting for me when I had gotten out of the car.

"I'm really sorry I can't spend tonight with you, thiago's back and I need to pick him up from the airport"

"It's fine"

I raised myself onto tiptoes and kissed his cheek. He took my face in his hands and ran his thumbs along my cheekbones.

"Goodnight beautiful" he softly whispered.

I smiled faintly.

He kissed me quickly and carried off down the path to his car.

~

Comment and like please, thanks for reading <3

... Sorry for slow updates, I try my best to update every few days or so ❤️ I hope you guys are enjoying the book, leave me a comment if you have any opinions or something you want to ask 💗 have an amazing day Xx