Figures and interjections

Mayara pov

I sat up, panting, plunged into the reality that I was having a nightmare.

But most of my nightmares consisted of memories twisted into a way of breaking apart my family, usually via water or trapping me in a lift.

The way my mind worked never made sense to me.

But the banging didn't subside once I had shaken myself from my sleepy state.

It got more erratic and I padded out onto my balcony in sweats and a thin top.

I blinked harshly, trying to adjust to the black night sky, interrupted by few stars, and the torch that was penetrating my vision.

A rock flew close to my ear and another brushed past my elbow.

The torch concentrated on my shadow and the rocks stopped.

I realised I was out in the open air without a bra and crossed my arms tightly over my chest.

"Maya" I heard a dark figure yell from below. How did it know my name?

I hadn't noticed the rain until it got thicker and formed sheets in front my eyes.

I shielded my hair and gestured for the nameless figure to enter through the back door, not thinking for a moment that I didn't know who this was but that they were getting wet and cold.

I ran down the stairs, slipping every few steps from the rain weighing down my sweats, but managed to maintain my balance.

Opening the door revealed a shivering man, cowering in the doorway, shaking whilst gripping a notebook: my notebook.

"Maya I-" he said. His voice wavering, similar to his vibrating white knuckles.

He clenched his fingers even tighter around the notebook and it began to shake uncontrollably.

I walked to my bathroom and enveloped him in a warm towel I had placed conveniently on a radiator earlier.

With the light on, I could see the figure was neymar.

His teeth stopped chattering and the shaking calmed as he adjusted to the warmth of my apartment.

"Your notebook" he said softly, passing the book into my hands.

"And it was necessary to get it to me at 2am" I said, perhaps too angry.

"I've been trying to get your attention for hours" he simply stated, raising his shoulders and allowing an irritating grin to invade his lips.

"And you thought throwing rocks would achieve that. Do you know how much it costs to replace a window?"

"No I-"

"More than I can afford"

"I would've replace your window" he interjected.

I crossed my arms again, conscious that they had slipped to my sides, as the lighting in the bathroom made my thin top see through.

Neymar's eyes danced across my bust and I watched with amusement as he blushed realising I saw him.

"I'm sorry I-"

"It's okay. I'm being harsh. I'm really grateful you got the book to me, but I think it was stupid to stand in the rain like that" I said, lowering my tone to a whisper, as my voice, and my body for that matter, was tired.

"Well I thought it would be important to you"

I couldn't tell him now that the book was actually full of old notes that I had already written up.

He shuffled awkwardly and I blinked trying to erase any sleep from my eyes.

"Do you have like an umbrella or something?" he asked.

~

Comment and like please, thanks for reading <3