Risotto and blushing

Mayara pov

We reached the end of a long passageway when he stopped walking. I hadn't been paying attention to anything other than my feet and bumped straight into his back.

"You alright?" he asked, politely, holding onto my arm to help my regain my balance.

He rubbed in circles along my wrists but abruptly let go when he acknowledged my facial expression, which was a mixture of shock and fear.

Even after he had let go I continued to feel the same tingling his touch created.

"I'm fine, thanks" I smiled rubbing my clammy palms along the ripped denim front of my jeans.

"So, over here is the medical assessment area. They stick things on you and measure things, it's all really technical but vital all the same" he stopped talking and just began gesturing to different buildings until I had a clear picture of what the camp contained.

"So in this article they'll be a section on the hot guy that gave you a tour, right?" he said, tossing his head to the side with a cocky smile.

"Of course" I laughed.

He was so comfortable to talk to, even if we had met five minutes ago, I felt like I'd grown up with him or known him for years.

"My favourite part: the food court" he beamed as we made our way around a corner to a big expanse of tables and benches with large kitchens and cutlery arranged like a bouquet on every table.

"I offered to cook once and they all ran away from me." he said mostly to himself and then laughed when he realised I heard him.

"What were you going to cook?"

"I make a pretty damn good risotto, you know if you ever wanted to-" his voice trailed off into silence and his cheeks flushed red.

"I would love to try it sometime" I said finishing off his sentence.

He walked further around the field until we stopped at a bench.

"This is some more seating for like officials or family members"

"Neymar!" shouted a girl, clutching a small blonde haired boy on her hip, from the top stall.

She ran down to him and the small boy's curls bounced in the slight breeze.

They were both smiling and grinning with perfectly white straight teeth.

"Hey, you brought Davi" Neymar said, gathering them both into his arms for a tight hug.

"So who's this?" she said, setting Davi down on the ground.

Neymar ran his fingers through the boy's hair and then hoisted him into his arms, swinging him around and making airplane noises.

"This is Maya, she's doing some marketing for Camp Nou"

"Oh right" the girl smiled pulling me into a quick hug and looking at me all over.

I felt slightly uncomfortable since she was far prettier than I could ever hope to be and they both looked incredibly close.

She nudged him and turned around whispering something into his ear which made him glow an even brighter shade of crimson.

"No" he replied and smiled at me.

"Really? but you do though" she said hugging him around the waist.

He kissed Davi's temple then put him back on the grass.

"I'm sorry I'll give you too some space" I said backing away, forcing a smile.

"We're not done with the tour" he sighed, pouting his lips and gripping my arm.

"You're girlfriends here I can't just-"

"My girlfriend?" he said turning to the girl who burst into a fit of laughter.

"Who, this?" he said grabbing her around the neck and locking her in a choke hold.

"This? I'm not an object Neymar" she laughed, "I'm this dickhead's sister, it's nice to meet you, Maya"

Neymar covered Davi's ears with his long tattooed fingers when she said 'Dickhead'.

"Oh right'' I said laughing now fully aware of my stupidity. They did also look identical.

"I thought you two were- I'm sorry, it's nice to meet you too"

"We've got to get Davi home, but I'll see you later, Ney" they hugged again and he kissed her on the cheek and the boy on the lips.

"Bye Davi, bye Rafa" he said waving on his toes when they turned the corner.
~

"That was my son" he said, smiling proudly. We continued to walk back to the main pitch.

"You all look so similar" I said, struggling to find words. He looked young, or around my age, I couldn't imagine having a child now.

"I'm 23" he read my mind.

I looked at him confused.

"You said that out loud" he giggled. "And I know I was shocked too but I love being a dad now."

He was so cute when he said this, whenever he spoke about Davi his eyes lit up.

"Well you look like a really good father" I said, thinking that was how I should answer.

I realised that having a son meant there was a mother in the picture and that somewhere along this tour I had developed something for him that now couldn't exist.

I felt a burning sensation in my chest since I would have to push these feelings away to stop anything becoming wrong or harmful to his relationship.

"Maybe you should come over sometime, Davi goes back to Brazil soon, I'm sure he'd love to meet you"

"Back to Brazil?" I asked. "I assumed you'd live in Barcelona"

"I do, his mother lives in Brazil" he said, "We're not together anymore"

My head was dancing but then guilt washed over me as I figured it was probably quite difficult to be separated from the mother of his child and to talk about it.

"I'm sorry" I said coming to my senses.

"It's okay, it was a long time ago, we still get along so it's not a problem anymore" he said smiling still.

I was confused as to why he was telling me all of this but it felt really natural too. I felt like I could tell him anything.

"I haven't said this already, well I have to myself but not out loud, though I've though about it a lot, though I only saw you like what was it" he looked at his shiny watch "47 minutes ago, but I, oh I don't know Maya-"

"What is it?" I said putting my hands on my hips and stepping closer to him since we had stopped by a fountain for a moment.

"I think you're really stunning" he said, collecting my hands into his and looking deeply into my eyes.

~

Neymar pov

It came out like word vomit and was far from how I wanted to come across. I was trying hard to be romantic but sound natural too. But the words were starved of breath and when they left my lips they were barely audible.

I closed my eyes and braced for the 'I'm sorry I just don't feel the same' but it didn't arrive.

I opened my eyes and looked at her. She was smiling and blushing through her cheeks.

"Thank you and for the record you're not to bad either" she winked unlinking our arms and smiling.

"I've got a report to write" she shouted and she ran away leaving me alone with my jaw hanging by my feet.

~

Comment and vote please, thanks for reading <3

Screenshotजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें