Instinct and ID

Mayara pov

We woke up soon after and Lu had gone home to her own bed so I trailed off to mine.

~

I woke up early and got ready for work. I had next to no fuel in my car so I raced to catch the bus into the city.

Camp nou was empty when I arrived and began slowly filling with VIP fans, coaches and players as the morning progressed.

I found the photography room in the B wing and spoke with the photographers about my shots and the arrangement for the website and magazines.

They were enthused by my work and demanded I do a week or so with them taking shots for the training and possibly some live shots for the matches.

I agreed figuring it would earn some extra money and most of my articles could be done in the evenings anyway so I had flexible working hours with Luana's company.

I took my lunch break with them and they spoke about different filters and some lens styles. It was surprisingly fascinating.

I asked them if I could take notes and they encouraged me to get straight out to the field and get some shots straight away since photography is 'about gut feeling and instinct' not 'words on a page'

~

I finished at around 5 and collected my images from the printing room vowing I would finish all of my articles tonight and sleep for a billion hours.

I meandered around the bus stop contemplating whether walking would be quicker and healthier but the sound of a car engine broke my debate.

"The bus is late" he stated nonchalantly.

"Yes it is" I laughed.

Rafinha had parked up in the bus lane, an illegal action, and rolled down his window revealing a smirking man with some big ass tinted sunglasses.

"Is it sunny in your car?"

"Is it rude to be sarcastic?"

"Is it legal to park in the bus lane?"

"Is it legal to be that beautiful?"

I blushed and walked towards his car, leaning over the window.

"If you get a ticket, it's on you" I said and walked back to the seat in the bus shelter.

"I have a car and arms to drive it and your waiting for a bus that is nearly 40 mins overdue, the way I see it there's only one situation here: I give you a lift"

"I don't take lifts from a stranger"

He pulled out his wallet and flashed his driver's licence through the window.

"There's my ID and you know who I am, get in the car" he demanded. Though he was being rude to demand I 'get in his car' it was hot the way his voice deepened.

I stood like a fish out of water and he unlocked the passenger seat.

"Can I tempt you with a detour via the ice cream place?"

"You may" I laughed and got in, ignoring his dismissive behaviour to me yesterday and the fact he stood me up at the party.

Maybe he planned to apologise over ice cream, I thought. Plus this is free ice cream and a lift home and if I got in he would at least move away from the bus lane.

~

Comment and vote please, thanks for reading <3