Falling and palletes

Mayara pov

"Shit, no. My girlfriend. I meant my girlfriend." he laughed not believing what words just stumbled past his lips.

"If I must" I laughed.

He sat up and this time he kissed me fully on the lips.

It was light and brief but left me breathless.

His plump lips pulled away and he smiled at me, shyly.

"What was that for?"

"For not rejecting me and for being cute"

~

He said he would drive me home via his house so I knew where he lived and where I could find him if I wanted to hug somebody (by that point my mind had reduced to mush and my heart was making "aw" sounds).

He was just so cute; I loved the way his dimples peeked out of hiding when he smiled, the way he laughed loudly, the way his soft brown eyes sparkled whenever he spoke.

I realised I was falling hard for him and I didn't care. It had been a long time since I'd laughed so much or since i'd been so care-free.

He slowed down once he had reached his road and pulled up to a house that oozed money but not in a showy way.

"Do you want to come in for a coffee? if your tired I can drop you home, I mean it's late" he said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sure" I said, not having to think twice for my answer.

~

He showed me in laughing when he saw my jaw drop.

Everything was immaculately furnished, with a cream and grey palette that looked clean and cosy.

He had made coffees while I stumbled around his flat admiring the small details and features it harboured.

Grabbing our coffees he lead my upstairs and I gawped some more.

"So this is where I sleep" he said gesturing to a large cosy king bed covered in pillows.

"The room with a bed, makes sense" I said and he laughed.

There was a large mirror against the wall reflecting his teeming wardrobe.

An en suite bathroom was connected to the room and was decked out in rectangular precision cut grey tiles and a large shower.

He sat on the bed and propped himself up, leaning back on his elbows.

"Your coffee, babe" he said bowing like a Butler and passing me the hot mug.

He called me babe.

"Thank you, Rafa" I said, taking a sip and letting the bitter frothy liquid sooth my throat.

"You know you could stay over" he said, with innocent puppy eyes.

"Are you sure?" I said, my words wavering slightly. "it's a bit early to-"

"No. I know, Maya. I literally meant sleeping" he said laughing lightly and wrapping me in his arms.

"I have spare underwear in my bag but I'll have to borrow a shirt to sleep in" I don't know why I carried underwear around with me, I guess I liked being prepared and now it payed off.

He got up and picked a large plain grey tee from the closet and passed it to me.

"Turn around" I smirked.

I took off my clothes and put on the shirt, it fell to mid- thigh and looked like a sack but it smelt like Rafinha.

"Can I look yet?" he laughed.

I packed my work clothes in my now overflowing handbag and rotated my body to face him.

"You may"

He turned around and a wide smile grew on his lips.

He too removed his clothes and tossed them in a laundry basket. I looked away thinking he'd think I was imposing but he laughed.

"I'm only in my underwear, Maya. I'm your boyfriend now, you can look" he laughed and wiggled his eyebrows as he spread his arms wide.

I jumped off of the bed and he caught me in a hug. He lay me down on top of the duvet and wrestled around with me kissing my cheeks, my nose, my lips.

We paused our wrestling match briefly to brush our teeth and then he carried me back into the bedroom, depositing me on the bed.

He laid down next to me and I kissed him again, the taste of his lips was something I couldn't get enough of.

We buried ourselves under the covers and he rubbed his face in my hair, smelling it and kissing my head lightly.

"Did you just smell my hair?"

"I did. It smells so good" he nodded.

"Avocado and honey" I said, reciting the ingredients of my conditioner.

He hummed and closed his eyes as he breathed in my scent again.

"You know what, we've got an issue" he said out of the blue.

"What?" I asked.

"Were both cosy under the sheets but the bathroom light is still on" he murmured.

"True, but there's a man in this bed with arms and legs that's really feeling up to the task"

"Rock, paper, scissors" he requested.

"Fine"

We bounced our fists around until the game had a victor: him.

I dragged myself from the cocoon and switched off the light running quickly back to the bed and slipped back under the sheets.

"That wasn't so hard, but you missed me right?" he pined.

"Too much, baby" I replied, pecking his lips.

"Goodnight, beautiful."

"Thank you for today Rafa, goodnight"

He scooped me into his arms and placed his head against me, planting kisses on my shoulder.

I drifted to sleep with our fingers entwined and the light gust of his warm breath on the back of my neck.

~

Comment and vote please, thanks for reading <3