|-Chapter 53-|

{(Note: Starting with them again because I just love them too much, (Specifically Himi <3). Expect some jealousy from Toga, (wouldn't expect anything less, of course.))}

Ochako had just gotten into the bath when she heard the ring of her phone.

"Oh let me-"

"No. You stay, let me go get that." Himiko smiled lovingly, happy to do anything and everything for her lover. Ochako huffed but sunk into the hot water gratefully.

Himiko left the room basically half naked and Ochako couldn't help but feel a little protective. Although the people here were (supposed to be) family, Ochako didn't trust anyone else with her beautiful lover.

Because of the super thin walls, they were able to hear Ochako's phone ring from its place in one of the common rooms all the way from the bathroom. (Across the hall). It also helped that Ochako's ringtone seemed to be all the way up.

Himiko stepped into the room with a sour expression. She walked over and thrust the brunette's phone in her hands, almost dropping it in the water, before turning away with a sulky pout.

Ochako checked the caller ID and huffed a laugh.

"Hey Tsu." She made sure to say it in a different way than normal, comparable to the way she greeted Himiko.

Toga whipped around and sat on her knees next to the tub with an angry, but pleading, expression on her face. Ochako tried not to laugh but she felt her chest jostle. Himiko's eyes only flickered down to the movement for a second before her eyes were back on Ochako's face, which now had a sad expression on it.

"Calm down," Ochako demanded softly to the other person on the line. Toga sat by the tub with an expression comparable to a puppy's when in need of attention when it's given to another animal.

Ochako's eyebrows drew together and her posture stiffened slightly. She moved to sit up and the water splashed the sides of the tub softly.

"Hey, I'm okay. I'm with..." She glanced at Himiko uncertainly who had a soft, undefinable look on her face with a tint of hidden hurt.

It hurt that her girlfriend couldn't outwardly say that they were together, but the rational part of her mind understood why.

"... A friend, right now." Himiko didn't expect the pain of hurt to hit her so hard but her eyes drooped and she sat back on her legs.

Ochako reached out a hand and lay on Toga's naked shoulder, consolable.

"Don't worry. I'm safe with her." Ochako smiled at her lover and Himiko only gave a small grimace that was meant to be a smile.

Ochako hummed thoughtfully, her smile falling into a thin line.

"I- Tsu, I'm okay, really. It's not an ombre tail situation." Ochako sighed. She stayed silent for a second before she shook her head.

"Okay, okay! Fine. I'm with my girlfriend, Tsu." Ochako rolled her eyes, laughing sarcastically at the reply from her friend.

Himiko perked up immediately, her invisible tail wagging at the title. She was grinning now, her body wiggling happily.

"Okay, goodnight. I'll make sure to call when I wake up tomorrow." Himiko growled and Ochako gave her a look and threw her hand up to silence her. Himiko quickly became quiet and looked at her sulking with her shoulders drooped.

Ochako rolled her eyes and only talked for about half a minute more before she hung up.

"Himi." Himiko heard her scolding tone and looked at her through her lashes. Ochako fought a smile when she saw her girlfriend's expression. Instead, she relaxed back against the wall of the bathtub. "I just told you how much I loved you and that I would never leave you- what? Three hours ago?" Ochako sighed when she noticed Himiko's guilty-looking expression.