End of the line

Rick's POV:
I wake up in a bed I don't recognize. I look beside me and start to panic when I don't see Keres next to me. My hands are wrapped up I start to remember what happened.

My head is pounding with a headache and lay my head back down hoping to elevate it just a bit.

"You're awake." I here Michonne say and my head snaps up.

"Where's Keres?" I ask looking at her as she sits in a chair in the corner.

"Deanna wanted you in here, calm things down. Rosita patched you up. Carl came by for a while. I sent him home." Michonne start saying and I huff.

"You didn't answer my question." I groan and look her in the eyes.

"Rick, what are you doing?" She asks avoiding the question again.

"Trying to get you to tell me where Keres is." I growl getting agitated.

"She's fine. And I meant what are you doing with things like beating up Pete?" Michonne clarifies but I just rub the back of my head.

"We put Pete in another house. You could've told me what was happening." Michonne says.

"It moved fast. And then Noah. I couldn't tell you about the gun."

"No, you couldn't."

"Oh, you wanted this place."

"We had to stop being out there." She says and I just look at the wall.

"Well, we're here." I sigh.

"Well, you just said you weren't." Michonne scoffs and the door opens.

I expect it to be Keres standing there with her smirk on her face and her arms crossed in a cocky way, but instead it's Glenn, Abraham and Carol.

"Where'd you get the gun?" Michonne asks.

"You took it, right? From the armory?" Carol asks and gives me a knowing look.

"That was stupid. Why did you do it?" She continues.

"Just in case." I sigh.

"Deanna's planning to have a meeting tonight. For anyone who wants to." Glenn starts saying.

"To kick Rick out?" Abraham asks.

"To try." Carol answers.

"We don't know that. Maggie's with Deanna right now. She's gonna find out what it is." Glenn counters.

Carol tells me that I should say I was worried about someone being abused. That no one was doing squat about it, and that's why I acted out and took a gun.

"Tell them what they want to hear. It's what I've been doing since I got here." Carol adds.

"Why?" Michonne asks confused.

"Because these people are children and children like stories." Carol answers honestly.

"What happens after all the nice words and they still try to kick him out?" Abraham asks.

"They're guarding the armory now." Glenn points out.

"We still have knives. That's all we'll need against them." Carol counters.

"Well, tonight at the meeting...if it looks like it's going bad, I whistle. Carol grabs Deanna, I take Spencer and you grab Reg, Glenn, Abraham and Keres cover us, watch the crowd." I start telling them the game plan.

"We can talk to them." Michonne says.

"Yeah, we will. If we can't get through, we take the three of them and say Keres will slit their throats." I explain.