Throughout all this time, Jisyoung was the only one aware of everything, providing assistance to both of us in various ways.

I could ignore Y/N, but I couldn't stop myself from looking out for her. I cared for her deeply, and she felt the same way.

Y/N would remain silent whenever I was around, but in other moments, she would be herself. I was doing my best to avoid her and keep my distance.

During the break...

"The exams are approaching rapidly. Are you all well-prepared?" Jungwon asked, his mouth full of food, prompting Yeonjun to smack his head.

"Eat before you speak, dumbass!" Yeonjun scolded, shaking his head in disappointment. We all chuckled at them. Y/N sat beside Soojin, across from me, quietly eating and engaging in hushed conversations. She was making an effort to be present, but I could see her struggle.

Namjoon passed me a boiled egg, knowing that I loved them. Y/N continued to bring lunch boxes for me, although she wouldn't hand them to me directly but pass them to Jisyoung, who then gave them to me. It felt reassuring to know that she still cared.

As much as I tried not to dwell on it, looking at Y/N brought a sharp, throbbing pain to my heart. I didn't understand why it happened. That night, which happened weeks ago, still remained vivid in my mind. I couldn't forget how I ended up alone, crying myself to sleep, longing for just one thing I never received: love.

Shaking myself out of my thoughts, I glanced around and found pure chaos ensuing. These crackheads wouldn't stay quiet, but I was still grateful to have them all. Smiling to myself, I dug into my rice.

At home, Y/N's POV...

"Mom, I'm hungry!" I shouted from my room, stretching my body after an intense study session of three hours. After coming home from school, I took a shower and immersed myself in revising for biology and chemistry. I tried my best not to dwell on things that hurt me, and studying was the best escape so far.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door, and my mom entered.

"Y/N, sweetheart, we need to go grocery shopping. There's nothing available in the house at the moment. Would you like to join me? It'll make you feel refreshed, and we can grab some coffee from the nearby Starbucks, hmm?" she suggested, raising an eyebrow. I simply nodded, feeling the urge to step out of the house.

"Just let me grab a jacket and my phone. I'll be downstairs in 2," she nodded at me and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. I hurriedly grabbed a hoodie to keep myself warm as it was a bit chilly outside. Spraying some perfume and grabbing my phone, I headed downstairs, where my mom was already waiting by the door.

During the car ride to the store, we engaged in gossip. It was always fun to hang out with my mom and talk about the shortcomings of my dad's side of the family. When both of your parents work abroad for most of the year and you rarely get to see them, moments like these become precious treasures for kids like us.

"Y/N, sweetheart, I've got the trolley. You walk ahead," my mom said, and I walked ahead. I had already treated myself to my favorite coffee, the heavenly golden caramel frappe adorned with whipped cream and chocolate chips. It truly felt like heaven on earth.

As we walked, I assisted my mom with everything she needed, from vegetables and fruits to buns and kimchi. We also picked up a few snacks for me to munch on and keep on my night table.

"Y/N, go get some beer. I'll be in the meat aisle," my mom instructed, and I gave her a thumbs-up before heading to the chilled freezer area. I opened the fridge gate and reached for some beer cans when, to my surprise, another hand touched mine, aiming for the same thing. We quickly pulled our hands back and looked at each other. Unfortunately, it wasn't the person I had hoped to see. Taehyung stood there, wide-eyed.