41 : The Culprit

~[15/08/2022]

KIM HANA'S POV:

"Hello! This is Detective Min and my team from the Seoul Police Crime Squad Department. We are here with the Search Warrant for your house. May we come in?"

I just heard Yoongi's voice, having a conversation with professor Park Yuna to get her consent for the search event. But why? Did he get any evidence against her? What did he find that he got the search warrant? I am curious.

As I stand up, I see the whole detective squad entering the house and starting their search. Yoongi enters at last being the lead detective here. As soon as his eyes fall on me, standing in the living room, I can see his eyes flashing the surprise.

"Hana?" 

But here, he is not my boyfriend nor I am a detective. I need to maintain a normal witness-detective relationship.

"Hello." That's all I could utter because I know what this process looks like. I know no one is supposed to leave the premises of this house until the search is completed and the detective cannot even disclose the details to just anyone. So, I just wait until he finds what he came for. I hope he succeeds.

"Can I get a glass of water please?" Yoongi requests prof Park politely and she just goes to the kitchen. 

Prof Park is flustered. She has no idea what's going on. And nor do I.

As she disappears from the living room for some time, Yoongi quickly pulls me closer and whispers something.

"Why are you here? Did you get something?"

"Isn't that I should be asking you?" I whisper back and he makes an awkward-weird face. He doesn't respond and just stares at me.

Oh God! Trust me. I haven't found anything that can make prof Park a suspect!

As Yoongi and I exchange stares with each other, prof Park comes back with a glass of water and hands it to Yoongi. 

5 minutes...

10 minutes...

Yeri roams from one room to another to check on the mess that the detectives created in her house. She is freaking out. She has been asking continuously what's wrong with the detective and why they are doing this to her. But all Yoongi did was show her the Search Warrant. 

15 minutes and Yeri again tells the detectives to stop whatever they are doing. She yells that there is nothing in her house but they won't listen to her.

I am here, sitting silently on the couch and waiting for this mess to end. Because I need to know what did Yoongi find.  

22 minutes and a detective comes back to the living room where Yoongi is searching the television stand. 

"Sunbaenim! (Sir)!" the fellow detective exclaims with a little joy on his face. "We found it!"

Found what? What are they searching for? Being curious, I stand up from the couch with prof Park standing beside me. The detective has a purse in his hand. 

"That's my purse. Why do you need that?" Yeri asks being dumbfounded. Well yeah. Why are they looking for her purse? 

Yoongi adjusts the gloves in his hands and takes the purse from that detective. He looks at professor Yuna and then at me. And now, he shoves his hand inside the purse, taking out something in his hand.

A phone?

"Is this your handphone, prof Park?" Yoongi asks Yeri, showing her the phone. However, her expressions don't give me a good vibe.